Entry was at: http://www.xxxx.com.au
Results were to be published: 12/09/08
purchase a carton of xxxx gold to enter to win 1 of 3 ultimate mates' bathurst weekends.
enter on web www.xxxx.com.au (doesnt start until 09/06/08) or by sms the last 4 digits of barcode, first name, last name, postcode to 19997787.
Saw this yesterday at the Thirsty Camel Bottleshop
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries
must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia excluding Queensland who are 18 years and over. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. Entry can only be made by SMS or online (via the internet). To enter, purchase a 24 x 375ml Stubbie or 30 x 375ml Can promotional pack of XXXX GOLD during the Promotional Period, and enter via SMS or Online. You must retain your receipt in order to claim your prize.
(a) To enter by SMS, an entrant must send to the phone number 199 977 87 an SMS message comprising, in the following order with a space between each item - the last 4 digits of the barcode from the specially marked promotional pack, your first and last name and your postcode – for example 1234 John Smith 2087. The entrant must use a mobile phone and service with the ability to send SMS messages to premium numbers. Each entry must be sent in a separate SMS. Each SMS will cost 55 cents (including GST) to send. Limit one SMS entry per person per day. The Promoter will only accept SMS entries submitted using a mobile phone. The Promoter may reject SMS entries if it forms the opinion that they have been entered using other entry means, including the internet or automated means. A reply SMS will be sent to confirm receipt of entry. If the entry is not valid, the reply SMS will state that the entry is rejected if: (i) the daily limit has been exceeded; the barcode is incorrect, or the Promoter reasonably forms the opinion that the means of entry is invalid.
(b) To enter online, an entrant must visit www.xxxx.com.au ("Competition Website") and follow the directions given. For each entry, the entrant must provide: the last 4 digits of the barcode from the specially marked promotional pack, their first and last name and postcode and all other details requested at the Competition Website. Limit one online entry per person per day. Any costs associated with accessing the Competition Website are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used. Entrants must make their internet entries manually using an internet browser. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
4. The promotion commences at 00.01 AEST on 09/06/08 and closes at 23.59 AEST on 31/08/08 (“Promotional Period”).
5. The draw will take place at 15.00 AEST on 04/09/08 at Level 9, 190 George St, Sydney NSW 2000. The first 3 (three) valid entries drawn will each receive a prize.
6. Each of the 3 (three) prizes consist of a Bathurst experience for 4 adults – including return economy airfares from your nearest capital city to Bathurst on 09/10/08; twin 3 star accommodation for 4 adults on 09/10/08, 10/10/08, 11/10/08 and 12/10/08; transport between the airport, hotel and track from 9/10/08 to 12/10/08 inclusive; General Admission tickets to the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 from 10/10/08 to 12/10/08 inclusive; Helicopter flights for 4 adults at Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000; Drivers’ Parade Lap for one adult and Pit Tours for 4 adults and entry into the VIP area at XXXX GOLD Retreat at the track. All winners and all people attending Bathurst with the winner must be 18 years or older. Total RRP value of each prize = $20,000. Total prize pool value = $60,000. All other ancillary costs including but not limited to insurance, taxes, meals, drinks, transfers and any and all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner.
7. Winners will be notified by telephone and mail by 06/09/08. The names of winners will be published in The Australian on 12/09/08.
8. If necessary, a second chance draw will be held at 15.00 AEST on 12/12/08 at Level 9, 190 George St, Sydney NSW 2000, in order to distribute any unclaimed prizes. As this is after the date of the event being awarded as the prize, an equivalent prize will be awarded. The names of winners will be published in The Australian on 19/12/08.
9. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if illegitimate, forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
10. In the event that any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any written directions from the various lottery authorities.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners, proof of purchase and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion.
12. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered (even if caused by negligence) as a result of accepting and/or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
13. Before the prize is awarded, the winner and any other person(s) sharing the prize with the winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from and indemnify the Promoter against any liability arising from the use or participation in the prize.
14. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of V8 Supercars and its agents. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the conduct of V8 Supercars.
15. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion.
16. Entrants will be refused service of alcohol or provision of an alcoholic beverage prize if it would breach any relevant laws, codes or policies of the relevant liquor licensee, including those relating to the responsible service of alcohol. Entrants should consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the NHMRC Australian Alcohol Guidelines: for males, up to 6 standard drinks on any one day, no more than 3 days a week; and for females, up to 4 standard drinks on any one day, no more than 3 days a week.
17. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
19. The Promoter is Lion Nathan Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 13 008 596 370) of Level 15, 20 Hunter Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Authorised under NSW Permit No LTPS/08/01114; VIC Permit No 08/386; ACT Permit Number TP 08/00386; SA T08/585