Entry was at: http://www.melbournecup.com.au/melbourne-cup-carnival/style-fashion-pin-win.asp
Rules were at: http://www.melbournecup.com.au/melbourne-cup-carnival/pdf/terms-conditions-pin-win-2008.pdf
Results were to be published: 03/12/08
MELBOURNE CUP CARNIVAL 2008 PIN AND WIN PROMOTION
The Alfred has been selected by the Victoria Racing Club (VRC) as the official charity of the Melbourne Cup Carnival 2007 and 2008, gaining exclusive rights to the popular Pin & Win promotion.
"The Melbourne Cup Carnival has been aligned with a charity for more than 20 years, raising money for worthwhile causes such as Kids Help Line, Camp Quality, Riding for the Disabled, Challenge - Supporting Kids with Cancer and now The Alfred - home to Australia's busiest Trauma Centre," VRC Chief Executive Dale Monteith said.
"Renowned for its tradition of community service, The Alfred hospital along with its fundraising wing, The Alfred Foundation, is a Victorian icon and one of the most well known and highly regarded institutions in the state.
"Every Melbourne Cup Carnival lapel pin purchased will make a difference to the lives of more than 370,000 patients who are treated at The Alfred each year."
The Alfred Foundation has confirmed that funds raised through Pin & Win will be directed towards critical care services at The Alfred hospital, which has developed its role as a leader in the treatment of seriously ill patients through its expertise in trauma management and other specialist services.
The VRC is extremely proud to be able to work with and support such important organisations and is delighted that the Melbourne Cup Carnival can give back to the community by raising money for such worthy causes. Pin sales have exceeded expectations every Carnival and in 2007, the VRC proudly raised $470,000 for the Alfred through the Pin and Win promotion.
The Pin & Win lapel pin has become a must-have fashion accessory at the racetrack and whether in the Birdcage, Myer Fashions on the Field or on the Flemington public lawn, racegoers won't be seen without one.
ORDERING A PIN:
Order your souvenir Melbourne Cup lapel pin and help raise funds for The Alfred hospital, using the links above or by visiting
* Buy a pin online: http://www.flemingtonshop.com.au/shop/product-detail.asp?CTGR=819&PRID=9598
* Buy a diamante pin online: http://www.flemingtonshop.com.au/shop/product-detail.asp?CTGR=819&PRID=9599
Volunteers will also be on course at Flemington throughout the Carnival selling the 2008 Melbourne Cup lapel pins.
Pins are just $5 or $10 for a special diamante pin. Those who purchase can have the opportunity to share in $55,000 in prizes, including a Ritzenhoff new Beetle Cabriolet. The draw will take place on Emirates Stakes Day Saturday 8th November, terms and conditions apply.
MELBOURNE CUP CARNIVAL 2008 PIN AND WIN PROMOTION ("Promotion") VICTORIA RACING CLUB LIMITED (“Promoter”)
Promotion Period: 01 September 2008 – 08 November 2008
For Full Conditions of Entry go to www.melbournecup.com.au/pinandwin
HOW TO ENTER
1. Purchase a MELBOURNE CUP 2008 LAPEL PIN (“Pin”) during the Promotion Period.
2. You may enter via SMS, via the internet or via an entry form:
To enter via SMS (SMS entry): Simply send an SMS with your full name and address to 1979 9791.
Example Entry: John Smith 12 Blake St Tumut 2200
To enter via the Internet (WEB entry): Simply log on to
www.melbournecup.com.au/pinandwin and fully complete the online entry form.
To enter via an Entry Form: Fully complete the details on the “Pin” backing card and insert your entry in the Promotion entry barrels located through Flemington Race Course.
3. There is one Major Prize consisting of a Ritzenhoff branded 2008 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriolet 2.0L valued at up to $40,990 (inc GST). There are two Minor Prizes to be awarded. A Hilton Sydney Deluxe Holiday package for two (2) people valued at up to $7,500 (inc GST) and a TCL Entertainment Package valued at $4,000 (inc GST).
5. The “Promotion Period” commences 12.01am (AEDT) on 01 September 2008 and concludes at 1pm (AEDT) on 08 November 2008. All entries received, during the Promotion Period go into the Major and Minor Prize Draws which will take place on 08
November 2008 at 3.20pm (AEDT) at the Mounting Yard Flemington Racecourse (448 Epsom Road, Flemington Victoria 3031).
YOU MUST RETAIN YOUR MELBOURNE CUP 2008 LAPEL PIN TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE.
SMS charged at a maximum of $0.55 inc GST. Service provided by Prime Focus. Entrants who do not have premium phone line SMS enabled on their mobile phone will not be
able to enter by SMS.
Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used Each entry must be accompanied by a Qualifying Purchase.
SMS Entries - Limit of five (5) entries per mobile phone number per day and a maximum of 50 entries over the Promotion Period.
WEB Entries - Limit of five (5) entries per household per day and a maximum of 50 entries over the Promotion Period.
Limit of one (1) prize per mobile number and/or per household (except for SA residents).
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on “How to Enter” and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry into this promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
3. All Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Conditions of Entry. If an Entrant selected as a winner is found to be in breach of these Conditions of Entry, a new winner may be selected and, in the event that the Entrant in breach has been awarded a Prize, the Entrant may be required to return the Prize or reimburse the value of the Prize to the Promoter.
4. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Melbourne, which may be Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) or Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) depending on the date. All times are stated using the 12 hour clock. 12 pm is noon, 12 am is midnight. All values stated are in Australian dollars (AUD$), represent the recommended retail price and include GST.
6. “Promotion Period” commences 12.01am on 01 September 2008 and concludes at 1.00pm on 08 November 2008.
7. The Major and Minor Prize draws will take place at 3.20pm on 08 November 2008 at The Mounting Yard Flemington Racecourse, 448 Epsom Road, Flemington Victoria 3031.
Winners will be notified by phone and mail. All winners details (initial, surname and postcode) of prizes valued in excess of AUD$100 will be published in The Australian on 03
8. UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW: the Promoter may conduct such further draws at the same place as the original draw as are necessary from all entries received during the course of the promotion on 25 February 2009 at 12 noon in order to distribute any prize(s) unclaimed by that date, subject however to any written directions given under Reg 37 of the Lottery and Gaming Regulations 1993 (SA). In the event of a winner, their name will be published in The Australian on 25 March 2009.
9. The Promotion is only open to “Eligible Entrants”, being individuals who:
(i) are residents of Australia; and
(ii) are not employees of Victoria Racing Club Limited (“The Promoter”), or any of its
related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Promotion; and
(iii) are not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee.
HOW TO ENTER
10. To enter the Promotion Eligible Entrants must purchase a MELBOURNE CUP 2008 LAPEL PIN (“Pin”) during the Promotion Period (“Qualifying Purchase”). Eligible Entrants may enter via SMS, via the internet or via an entry form.
I. To enter via SMS (“SMS Entry”): Eligible Entrants must send an SMS with their full name and address to 1979 9791
Example Entry: John Smith 12 Blake St Tumut 2200; OR
II. To enter via the Internet (“WEB entry”): Eligible Entrants must log on to www.melbournecup.com.au/pinandwin and fully complete the online entry form;
III. To enter via an Entry Form: Eligible Entrants must fully complete the details on the “Pin” backing card and insert the entry in the Promotion entry barrels located throughout the Flemington Race Course on Spring Carnival race days.
11. Multiple entries accepted subject to:
o Each entry must be associated with a Qualifying Purchase;
o SMS Entries - there is a limit of five (5) entries per mobile phone number per day and a maximum of 50 entries over the promotion period,
o WEB Entries - there is a limit of five (5) entries per household per day and a maximum of 50 entries over the promotion period.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the entry process. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
13. Entrants who enter using multiple mobile phone numbers or email addresses will be disqualified.
14. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanism or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all
entries submitted by that entrant invalid. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Promotion by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
15. No responsibility is accepted for lost, late or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt in "The Promotion" database and NOT time of transmission by the entrant.
16. Entry is only open to consumers with an SMS compatible mobile phone connected to a service provider which permits text messaging to the Promotion SMS number. Consumers
should check with their network service provider to see if their mobile phone is compatible. Entry is not available to Vodafone Maxi Plan, Super Plan and Mega Cap Plan Prepaid customers.
17. SMS entries via the internet are not valid and will not be accepted. The cost of sending an SMS message is the entrant’s responsibility. Cost of entry is AUD$0.55c including GST.
18. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. Eligible Entrants must make their
entries manually using an internet browser.
19. Any contact details incorrectly entered on the website may invalidate the relevant entry, in the Promoter’s discretion.
20. A message will be sent back to the Entrants mobile phone (SMS Entry) or a message will appear online (WEB Entry) to let them know if they have submitted a valid entry. Response times may vary and are subject to network coverage and availability, the number of entries received by the Promoter, the available memory of the SIM card inside the Entrants’ mobile phone and/or other technical problems.
21. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid
22. Limit of one (1) prize may be awarded per winning mobile number and/or per household (except in the case of South Australian residents).
23. If a prize winner is under 18 years the prize will be awarded to the winners nominated parent or guardian at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
24. Provisional winners, within seven (7) days of being asked to do so (and at no cost to the entrant, as a reply paid address will be provided), must provide to the Promoter, all MELBOURNE CUP 2008 LAPEL PINS for all entries submitted into the draw. Failure to provide these to the Promoter upon request will result in an invalid entry. The Promoter recommends that the winner send their MELBOURNE CUP 2008 LAPEL PINS via registered post, however, this is not a condition of claiming a prize.
25. With regard to SMS entries the prize will be awarded to the person whose name appears in the SMS entry, regardless of who holds the phone account used to submit the entry.
26. The first valid entry drawn from all entries during the Promotion Period will win a Ritzenhoff branded 2008 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriolet 2.0 litre, manual, 2 door, roll-over protection, 5 speed gearbox, air conditioning, MP3 compatible radio / CD player with 10 speakers, ABS brakes, Front and Side/ Head Airbags. The winner of the car is required to maintain the Ritzenhoff design for a minimum of 1 year from the draw date. The prize is inclusive of stamp duty, all on road costs, one year registration and compulsory third party insurance. Valued at up to $40,990 (inc GST).
Additional insurance, additional options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter takes no responsibility for any mechanical, body or paint repairs from the date and time of collection of prize.
The prize winner must have a current Australian drivers licence or the car will be registered in the name of the winner’s nominated parent or legal guardian.
In the event that the winner, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, is incapable of obtaining motor vehicle registration of the Vehicle in his or her name in accordance with
the applicable legislation in the State or Territory in which the Vehicle is collected, the promoter may allow the Winner to assign the Vehicle prize to another person with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. Vehicle prize must be registered prior to collection.
It is a condition of entry that the winner provides the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation before the car is handed over to the winner. Winner will be informed of documentation required at time of notification of winning.
It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the Promoter at their discretion.
The winner will be responsible for any expenses incurred in getting to and from their nearest authorised Volkswagen dealership to collect the prize. Dealership will be in the
winners’ nearest capital city.
The prize must be redeemed in full by 31 December 2008 and for the delivery please allow up to 28 days from the date of ordering.
Volkswagen and its dealers will not provide a substitute model on request or exchange the vehicle for cash. Any number plate details used in the promotion of the competition are representational only.
27. The second valid entry drawn from all entries during the Promotion Period will win a Hilton Sydney Hotel Deluxe Package for two valued at up to $7,500 (depending on prize winners permanent place of residence), comprising of:
o return economy class airfares for two (2) adults departing from the capital city which is closest to where the winner permanently resides in Australia to Sydney. If the winner resides within Sydney, flights are not included and the winner will be responsible for making their own way to the accommodation, at their own expense.
o two (2) nights accommodation in a Master Suite;
o full buffet breakfast in 'glass' restaurant on both mornings;
o dinner for two (2) in Luke Mangan's 'glass' brasserie (to the value of $300),
o two (2) nights parking for one (1) car (if required);
o one (1) hour massage in the sensory spa, for 2 people (ie 2 x 1 hour massage); and
This package is valid for 12 months from 08 November 2008. All bookings must be made at least 14 days prior and accommodation is subject to availability.
All other costs, including without limitation, all other transfers (including transport to and from the departure point and from the airport to accommodation whilst in Sydney), additional spending money, meals (other than those specified above), taxes, all insurances, passports, visas, and incidental accommodation costs (including mini-bar, room service, phone, Internet etc) are the responsibility of the winner.
The prize cannot be taken during gazetted school holiday periods in any Australian State
or Territory. Trip is subject to booking and flight availability and conditional travel periods specified. All components of the prize must be taken together by the Prize Winner or otherwise are deemed forfeited. Itinerary is to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. The prize must be taken as offered, no correspondence will be entered into.
Once tickets have been arranged by the Promoter, any changes to the travel or accommodation arrangements will be at the expense of the Major Prize winner.
28. The third valid entry drawn from all entries during the Promotion period will win one TCL Television Package comprising of: one (1) TCL 42’ Full HD 1080p Integrated LCD (Model No: L42E9ADF), one (1) TCL 32’ HD Integrated LCD (Model No: L32E9AD) and one (1) TCL 19’ HD Integrated LCD (Model No: L19T53D). TCL Television Package value is $4,000.
29. Total prize pool is valued at up to $52,490 (inc GST).
30. If for any reason a winner does not redeem an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
31. Unless expressly stated within these Conditions of Entry regarding all prizes, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
32. If any part of a prize is no longer capable of being redeemed, the new winner will receive a prize, as determined by the Promoter, of equivalent value (as if the original prize had been awarded to that person, less any administrative expenses incurred by the Promoter), subject to the approval of the relevant Regulatory Gaming Authorities.
33. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in prize value of the prizes occurring between 21 July 2008 and the date the prizes are claimed.
34. Where relevant, the winner should look to the manufacturers of products awarded as prizes for all warranty claims.
35. Unless otherwise specified, prizes will be delivered to the residential address as identified by the prize winner.
36. Prizes or the unused portion of prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the respective Regulatory Gaming Authorities, where required.
37. The prize winners must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
38. Promoter reserves the right to conduct a security verification check at its absolute discretion. Prize winner may be required to sign a declaration confirming their eligibility to accept the prize.
39. It is a condition of entry into the Promotion that winners and traveling companion (Minor Prize) may be required to sign a Participation Agreement in the form required by the Promoter to accept the prize. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities will result in entitlement to a Prize being forfeited.
40. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
41. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought by winners.
42. Promotion materials are void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
43. Confirmation of printing errors and other quality control matters will not be used as a reason for refusing payment of prizes.
44. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile communications network, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
45. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and, subject to any written directions given by the various Lottery Departments, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
46. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
47. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The information from the entries is being collected by the Promoter to enable it to contact the potential winner and/or may be entered into a database and the promoter may use the entrant's personal details for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. All personal details of the entrants will be stored at the office of the Promoter and a request to access, update or correct any information can be made by contacting the Promoter at their address set out below. Should a participant's contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the participant's responsibility to notify the Promoter.
48. The Promoter is Victoria Racing Club Limited ACN 119 214 078 of 448 Epsom Rd, Flemington VIC 3031.
Authorised under NSW Permit No LTPS/08/07850, ACT Permit No TP 08/03136, VIC Permit No 08/3445, SA T08/3081
Good luck everyone!!!
Just a note for VIC residents, the Herald Sun is also publishing "Pin & Win" Tokens in their newspaper each day where you can buy a pin from your local newsagents for $4.00!!
Many thanks Glenn10
Best wishes to all who enter
A pleasure gibbo11!!! Thanks & very best of luck to you too!!
i would love to buy a pin is any lottos person willing to buy me a pin and post if i send the money was going to buy one online but including postage
is over 15.00 dollars
Oh no nennerb...
If I had seen your request earlier I would've been happy to post one to you...
It's the 6th tonight though and entries close the 8th so you probably wouldn't get it in time but if you want a pin anyway let me know. u2u me
or I could express post one tomorrow?
PS: You don't need the pin to enter... just to claim (i'm pretty sure)