The Daily Telegraph/*TEACHERS ONLY*/Subscribe to WIN $5000 CASH
NSW ACT, Entry methods: Online Purchase Req, Freq: Once Only, Prize pool: $7,500, Closes 11/12/2009
Full Year Delivery Offer: This $55.00 offer is for school delivery Monday to Friday of The Daily Telegraph during school terms, and home delivery on
the weekends of The Daily Telegraph on Saturday and The Sunday Telegraph on Sundays and holiday delivery to your home of The Daily Telegraph Monday to
Saturday and The Sunday Telegraph on Sunday, every day of the year from NSW 19/12/09 - 17/12/10, ACT 19/12/09 - 17/12/10.
School Term Delivery Only: This $15.00 offer is for school delivery of The Daily Telegraph Monday to Friday only during all four school terms of 2010
from NSW 27/01/10 -17/12/10, ACT 28/01/10 -17/12/10.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
2010 TEACHERS SUBSCRIPTION PROMOTION
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these
Conditions of Entry by each entrant. Entry is via mail, fax, internet or telephone.
2. Any costs associated with accessing the promotional website remain the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet service
provider used. Any contact or other required entry details entered incorrectly on the website shall be deemed invalid and will result in an ineligible
3. Entry is free and open to residents of NSW and ACT who are employed as primary or secondary teachers or full time auxiliary staff at a school in
NSW or ACT in areas where normal school and home delivery exists, who remain employed as such during the promotional period, and who receive a
specially marked communication in the mail from the Promoter inviting them to enter the promotion or whose school receives a Teacher Offer Pack.
4. Existing non-teacher subscribers to The Daily Telegraph, directors and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related
entities, printers, suppliers, providers, promotional partners and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
5. To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must, during the promotional period, subscribe in the required manner and prepay in full to either
“The Daily Telegraph 2010 $15 School Term Subscription Offer” or the “The Daily Telegraph 2010 $55 Full Year Subscription Offer” in the State or
Territory of the school at which they are employed. The number of entries into the prize draw will depend on the subscription offer purchased by the
winner, as set out in Condition 11.
6. In order to subscribe, eligible entrants must:
1. complete in full in the manner required and submit the online subscription form at www.dailytelegraph.com.au/teachers
2. complete in full in the manner required the subscription form provided by the Promoter in the mail and then mail the completed subscription
form, together with payment details (either a cheque, money order or credit card details) in the Reply Paid Envelope provided to Teachers Offer, Reply
Paid 893, Darlinghurst NSW 1300;
3. complete in full in the manner required the subscription form provided by the Promoter in the mail and then fax the completed subscription form
to (02) 9288 1241; or
4. telephone 1800 132 739 and follow the prompts. Calls to the 1800 number are free. Calls to 1800 numbers from public telephones or mobiles may be
7. In order to fully complete their entry, eligible entrants must provide their full name, home telephone number, current and valid email address
and the name and address of the school at which they are employed, plus their residential address if the Full Year Offer is selected. Subscriptions
are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use, as set out in Condition 27. Subscriptions must be paid for in full in the method required
during the promotional period or the entrant’s entry will be deemed invalid. Eligible entrants paying for a subscription by cheque must enclose their
cheque with the subscription form. All cheque payments must be made payable to The Daily Telegraph.
8. Eligible entrants who successfully subscribe to The Daily Telegraph“2010 $15 School Term Offer” in the manner set out above will receive one (1)
automatic entry into the promotion and eligible entrants who successfully subscribe to The Daily Telegraph“2010 $55 Full Year Offer” in the manner set
out above will receive two (2) automatic entries into the promotion.
9. Promotion commences at 12:01am (AEDT) on 06/10/2009 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 11/12/2009. The prize draw will take place at 2:00pm (AEDT)
on 18/12/2008 at Salmat Interactive, Innovation Place, Level 17, 100 Arthur Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060. Winners will be notified by telephone and
mail and their names and localities will be published in The Daily Telegraph on 23/12/2009. All reasonable steps to notify the winners of the results
of draw will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Eligible entrants are limited to two entries in the promotion. Any subsequent entries after the two valid entries received from an eligible
entrant will be invalid. Internet and Facsimile entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission.
Incorrect, incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the promotional period. Mail
entries must be received by last mail on 11/12/2008. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. The subscription
form (for mail entries) must be an original and photocopies or images of subscription forms will not be accepted.
11. Main Cash Prize: The first (1) eligible entry randomly drawn from all entries received between 06/10/2009 and 11/12/2009 will win one (1) $5000
12. Online Subscription Cash prize: The first five (5) eligible entries randomly drawn from all entries received online between 06/10/2009 and
11/12/2009 will each win one (1) $500 cash prize.
13. Total maximum prize value is up to $7,500.00 (Recommended Retail Price including GST). The prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. Any unused portion of a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for other goods
or services. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice
should be sought.
14. Entrants must only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winners to produce (within the requested time)
appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm their identity,
age, employment details, eligibility to enter and claim a prize and any information submitted by the entrant in entering the before issuing a prize.
If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or the winning entrant has not been verified or
validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction within the time requested, that winner’s entry will become invalid. The prizes will only be awarded following
any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
15. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a similar prize of equal or greater value will be
awarded to the winner in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
16. The Promoter may conduct such further draws as are necessary at the same time and place as the original prize draw on 19/3/2010 in order to
distribute any prizes unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State or Territory legislation. All winners in
any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone and mail and their names and localities will be published in The Daily Telegraph on
17. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or
consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's
negligence) in connection with taking or using any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited
to the minimum allowable by law). The Promoter is not responsible for prizes lost or damaged in transit.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry
process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other
improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other
compensation from such an offender are reserved.
19. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is
prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
20. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection
with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
21. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage the promotional website or the information on the website, to cause malicious damage or interference
with the normal functioning of the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and
civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent
permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal
obligation by an entrant, the entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
22. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer
equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures
including any damage to entrant's or any other person's mobile handset or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or
the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
23. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised
intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration,
security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify
or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph,
film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting,
publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
The winners agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
25. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal
information about entrants to include entrants in the promotion and where appropriate award prizes. If the personal information requested is not
provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By participating in the promotion, each entrant also acknowledges that a further primary
purpose for collection of entrants’ personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in
improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with information on special offers or provide entrants with marketing materials via
any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant
Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future.
The Promoter may share information with its Australian related companies and promotional partners who may contact entrants with special offers in this
way. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may use entrants’ personal information in this manner. Each entrant also agrees
that the Promoter may publish or cause to be published the winner’s name and locality in any media as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
Entrants can also gain access to, update or correct any personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
personal information collected may be obtained by contacting the Promoter.
26. The Promoter is Nationwide News Pty Limited A.B.N. 98 008 438 828 of 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010.
27. The Daily Telegraph Teacher Offers subscription Terms and Conditions are as follows:
1. The Daily Telegraph 2010 $15 School Term subscription: This $15 subscription is for school delivery of The Daily Telegraph Monday to Friday
throughout all four 2010 school terms during the subscription period (27/01/10 to 17/12/10) in NSW and (28/01/10 – 17/12/10) in ACT. This offer is
only valid to primary and secondary teachers and school auxiliary staff in NSW and ACT.
2. The Daily Telegraph 2010 $55 Full Year subscription: This $55 subscription is for school delivery of The Daily Telegraph Monday to Friday
throughout all four 2010 school terms during the subscription period (27/01/10 to 17/12/10) in NSW and (28/01/10 – 17/12/10) in ACT for weekend home
delivery of The Daily Telegraph on Saturday and The Sunday Telegraph on Sunday throughout all four 2010 school terms during the subscription period
(30/01/10 to 12/12/10) in NSW and 30/01/10 – 12/12/10 for the ACT and for home delivery of The Daily Telegraph Monday through Saturday and The Sunday
Telegraph on Sunday throughout all four 2009-2010 school holidays during the subscription period (19/12/09 to 10/10/10) in NSW and (19/12/09 to
10/10/10) for the ACT. This offer is only valid to primary and secondary teachers and school auxiliary staff in NSW and ACT.
The following conditions apply to all subscriptions:
Delivery dates are based on the public schools term dates in NSW and ACT and cannot be amended. Both subscription offers are only available to primary
and secondary teachers and full-time auxiliary staff in NSW and ACT, where normal school and/or home delivery exists. Only one subscription per person
per offer is permissible and subscriptions are not transferable. Subscribers must take up either the Full Year Delivery Offer or the School Term Offer
Only. These offers cannot be used in conjunction with other offers made by The Daily Telegraph and/or The Sunday Telegraph. Full payment must be
received in advance by credit card, cheque or money order. Cash is not acceptable. These offers are not refundable or extendable beyond the dates
specified and redirections are not permitted. Term dates for school delivery are fixed for all schools in NSW & ACT and newspapers are not
delivered on public holidays. Credits will not be offered for missed delivery. Subscriptions received after the subscription start date will commence
as soon as they have been processed but cannot be extended beyond the dates specified. Please allow 10 working days for your subscription to be
processed from the date of lodgement. This applies for subscriptions received on or before 11 December 2009 and subscriptions received on or before 26
January 2010. Subscription offers are only available until our allocation has been reached or until 02 April 2010. Subscriptions must be received by
Friday, 11 December 2009 to be eligible for the early bird prize draw.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/09/09441 ACT Permit No. TP09/04063