Entry was at: http://www.movienetwork.tv/home/Win-Entry.asp?id=467
Results were to be published: 08/01/09
Flickerfest Competition - SYDNEY RESIDENTS ONLY
Catch the next new wave of short films at Flickerfest!
Experience balmy nights, summer breezes and short films under the Bondi stars during Flickerfest, Australia's premier International Short Film Festival. Now in its18th year, the Academy® accredited short film competition celebrates the latest filmmaking trends from our newest cinema stars in Australia & from around the world, with two exciting additional programs in 2009: Celebrity Shorts & Love Bites. Celebrity Shorts showcases short films made by and starring the biggest celebrities from across the globe. Love Bites is a collection of sexy relationship shorts celebrating the pleasure and pain of passion.
MOVIE EXTRA has 2 Double Passes up for grabs to attend one session of the Flickerfest International Short Film Festival at Bondi Beach during January 9 – 18, 2009, along with 2 official Flickerfest T-Shirts for each winner and a bottle of wine from The Wine Society, Flickerfest’s Exclusive Wine Partner. Total Prize Value: $100.00
Flickerfest screens from the 9th to the 18th of January 2009 at the Bondi Pavilion, Bondi Beach and then tours nationally from January to March 2009. For more information go to www.flickerfest.com.au
To win, answer this question in 25 words or less:
What makes Flickerfest the best film festival in Sydney?
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Entry into the "Flickerfest" competition is open to Sydney residents only who have MOVIE NETWORK as part of their subscription television package. Entrants must be a registered user of the MOVIE NETWORK website movienetwork.tv. It is the entrant’s responsibility to supply their correct subscription and address information in their registration. Only one registration per person is permitted.
2. The officers, management and employees (or immediate family of an officer, manager or employee) of The MOVIE NETWORK, AUSTAR, FOXTEL, OPTUS, SELECTV, NEIGHBORHOOD CABLE and TELSTRA, Buena Vista International, Walt Disney Pictures, Internet Design Studios, their related corporations and associated agencies are not eligible to enter.
3. Competition begins on 23/12/2008 and entries close at 12midnight EST on 06/01/2009. (‘Completion Period’).
4. There will be one winner in the competition. The prize is a double pass to attend one session of the Flickerfest International Short Film Festival at Bondi Beach during January 9 – 18, 2009, along with 2 official Flickerfest T-Shirts for each winner and a bottle of wine from The Wine Society. In order to be a valid participant and be entered into the draw, entrants must log on to the WIN section of the www.movienetwork.tv website to place their entry as directed. The prizes will be awarded to the entrants with the most creative answer to the competition question as judged by MOVIE NETWORK CHANNELS. The competition question is: "What makes Flickerfest the best film festival in Sydney?" All valid entries will be judged at the promoter’s premises on 7th January 2009 after 12noon EST.
5. Entry details are to be entered to The MOVIE NETWORK CHANNELS website and must include your name, residential and email address, contact phone number and subscription platform. Entrants must also provide their 25 words or less answer.
6. Entries made on The MOVIE NETWORK website will be limited to one entry per entrant. Entries are limited to two (2) per MOVIE NETWORK subscriber household. No responsibility will be taken for any late, ineligible or lost entries. Entries that are not genuine, are incomplete or late will be declared void. Any person who submits multiple entries as a result of registering with movienetwork.tv more than once will be declared ineligible and all entries will be declared void. Any entrant who makes a false claim that they are a member of a subscriber household will also be declared ineligible. Each entrant must enter their own details including their own name, address, postcode, contact telephone number and subscription details. Any entrant found to be not entering their own details will have their entry/entries declared not genuine and therefore declared void.
7. All valid entries will be judged and winners will be determined starting from 12 noon EST on 07/01/2009 and all prize winner’s name will be posted on www.movienetwork.tv by 5PM EST on 08/01/2009. The prize winners will also be notified by post. This is a game of skill and chance will play no part in determining the winners. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. All entrants agree to provide The MOVIE NETWORK or its authorised agents with identification and/or proof of age if selected as the winner of a prize or if reasonably requested by The MOVIE NETWORK or its authorised agent.
9. No responsibility will be taken by The MOVIE NETWORK, AUSTAR, FOXTEL, OPTUS, NEIGHBORHOOD CABLE and TELSTRA, their related corporations and associated agencies for lost or late entries due to technical issues or any other reason.
10. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
11. All unclaimed prizes will be dealt with as prescribed by the law of the State or Territory of Australia in which the prize winner resides. All prizes remain the property of The MOVIE NETWORK until they are claimed by the prize winners. If a prize remains unclaimed after 3 (three) months and either The MOVIE NETWORK has made reasonable efforts to locate the prize winner and has been unable to do so, or the prize winner has been located but has failed to claim the prize, The MOVIE NETWORK will apply to the Minister for directions as to disposal of the unclaimed prize.
12. All entries become the property of The MOVIE NETWORK and may be used for promotional purposes.
13. The MOVIE NETWORK shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking the prize. Subject to foregoing, if The MOVIE NETWORK is liable for any claim by the entrant, including a claim arising from The MOVIE NETWORK’s negligence, The MOVIE NETWORK’s liability for any such claim shall not exceed $1,000.00.
14. It is the entrants responsibility to inform The MOVIE NETWORK if their residential address, email address or phone number changes during the competition. Once the prizes have left the promoter’s premises, the promoter will not accept any responsibility for prizes lost, delayed or damaged in transit.
15. The MOVIE NETWORK is not liable for the cancellation of all or any part of the prize, for any reason. The MOVIE NETWORK reserves the right to change the prizes at any time if a prize becomes unavailable. The MOVIE NETWORK is not liable for the repair or replacement of prizes which are defective.
16. By accepting the terms and conditions and entering the competition the entrant consents to The MOVIE NETWORK retaining and using the entrant’s personal information for the purposes of promoting and marketing The MOVIE NETWORK’s products.
17. Anyone found tampering with the entry process, or damaging the integrity of the promotion will be excluded from the competition and may have their registration to the www.movienetwork.tv website deleted. They may face permanent expulsion and be prohibited from re-registering on the website and therefore will not be permitted to enter any future MOVIE NETWORK promotions and competitions. The decision to expel such persons and prevent them from participating in future MOVIE NETWORK competitions is at the complete discretion of the promoter.
18. In season double passes to see 'Flickerfest'' are subject to their own terms and conditions.
19. The MOVIE NETWORK means The MOVIE NETWORK Channels Pty Limited (ABN 72 089 135 740) of Level 6, 39-41 Chandos Street, St Leonards NSW 2065.
If you require any further entry details, please write to The MOVIE NETWORK at Level 6, 39 Chandos St, St Leonards NSW 2065 or email email@example.com
Good luck everyone!!!
Thanks for posting Glenn10
I was a lucky winner and received 1 D/Pass, a T-Shirt and a Bottle of Wine in the mail today
Only thing is that I received only one T-Shirt and according all the wording, it seems that I should have gotten 2 shirts... might have to contact them to find out.