Entry was at: http://www.heraldbenefits.com.au/win/kakadu_adventure
Rules were at: http://www.heraldbenefits.com.au/terms_conditions/kakadu_tc
Results were to be published: 16/02/09
Win A Kakadu Adventure
Peregrine Adventures and Herald Benefits will give one Herald subscriber and partner the chance to enjoy the ultimate wilderness adventure over eight days in Kakadu and Katherine Gorge, the unspoilt heart of Australia.
Youíll see stunning scenery, abundant wildlife and diverse landscapes inextricably connected with deeply significant Aboriginal cultural history. Go canoeing in Katherine Gorge, climb atop Kakadu's waterfalls to survey the stunning surroundings, learn from the locals about Aboriginal culture, see ancient rock art and enjoy a sunrise cruise on the Yellow Water Wetlands spotting for estuarine (saltwater) crocodiles.
Youíll be part of a small group of no more than 12 like-minded travellers, so everyone can enjoy the experience and impact on the environment is kept to a minimum. The prize is worth $7000 and includes return economy flights from Sydney, accommodation in comfortable hotels and wilderness camps, most meals (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 5 dinners), an experienced wilderness guide/driver, transport in a 4WD safari vehicle, a wildlife cruise and national park entrance fees. Conditions apply. More details about this Peregrine adventure can be found here: http://www.peregrineadventures.com/Australia-and-New-Zealand/Trip/Overview.html?tripid=3532&trip=Kakadu,%20Wetlands%20&%20Go rges
Peregrine's Kakadu Wetlands & Gorges trip is worth $2790 a head, plus return air travel; with an estimated total value of over $7000.
For your chance to win, enter your details via the link above.
Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd - Win a trip for two to Kakadu Wetlands and Gorges Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of ACT, NSW and QLD. However, employees and their immediate families of Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd, Beinteractive Pty Ltd, and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on 26 November 2008 at 08:01 (AEDT) and concludes on 31 January 2009 at 08:01 (AEDT).
4. Participants must be subscribers of The Sydney Morning Herald and/or The Sun-Herald, this subscription must be held directly with The Sydney Morning Herald and/or The Sun-Herald, and not with a third-party. This subscription must be valid and current at the date of the draw.
5. To enter, participants must log onto heraldbenefits.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) name, address, phone number, e-mail address and subscriber number.
The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that does not provide a valid subscriber number.
6. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter.
7. Incomplete and Incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants may only enter once per subscription. Only one prize per household will be awarded.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but is not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses or PO Box addresses to register single or multiple subscriptions for which they are not the authorised subscriber. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winnerís entry is of a type described in this clause.
11. Entries must be received by 08:01 (AEDT) on 31 January 2009. The time of entry will in each case be the time the promoterís database receives the data for the entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including entry data not received by the Promoter due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependant on the entrantís individual Internet Service Provider.
13. 1 x Major Winner will be awarded a Peregrine Adventures 8-day/7-night Kakadu Wetlands & Gorges wilderness expedition including:
ē Return economy flights from Sydney/Brisbane/Canberra for 2 people.
ē 7 nights twin-share accommodation for 2 people, including:
i. 2 nights twin-share accommodation for 2 people at Mantra Pandanus, Darwin
ii. 1 night twin-share accommodation for 2 people at Knotts Crossing Resort, Katherine
iii. 2 nights twin-share accommodation for 2 people at Gunlom Falls Wilderness Camp
iv. 2 nights twin-share accommodation for 2 people at Mardugal Wilderness Camp
ē Guided small group adventure tour for 2 people, including national park entrance fees and wildlife cruise.
ē Some meals included (7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners) for 2 people.
ē Activities may be included (including canoeing, climbing in Katherine Gorge and cultural activities) however this may be subject to availability and conditions at destination. Should activities not be available at the time of travel, no refund nor cash in lieu will be offered.
It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplierís requirements.
The retail value of the prize is valued at a maximum of $3540.00 per person.
14. Total prize pool is valued at up to $7080.00 (including GST).
15. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged nor redeemed for cash.
16. The winner and their travel companion are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (other than specified), drinks, transfers, laundry charges, incidentals, travel insurance, taxes (if any) and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is compulsory to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
17. The winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time and are responsible for transport from their residence to Sydney/Brisbane/Canberra for flight departure.
18. If the winner is under the age of 18 as at the date of the draw, an adult must accompany the minor in the participation of the prize. Age restrictions apply for travel, the decision for any person under 18 years of age to travel on a scheduled itinerary is at the absolute discretion of Peregrine Adventures.
19. The prize must be taken within 12 months of the draw (by 4 February 2010) and is subject to trip and flight availability. The prize cannot be changed once the booking has been made. Reservations must be made at least 56 days prior to the departure date of the tour.
20. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline.
21. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to accommodation, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
22. It is the travellerís personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid identification, which meets the requirements of any government authorities at the destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s.
23. Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd and beinteractive Pty Ltd make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
24. By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in this prize should they be chosen as winners. The winners release the promoter and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the prize or any other aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize.
25. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
26. The promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
27. Once prizes have left the Promoterís premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
28. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
29. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winnerís participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
30. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winnerís image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winnerís participation in the prize to appear in connection with Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
31. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
32. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
33. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
34. If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winnerís parent or legal guardian.
35. Each valid entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the draw. 1 valid entrant will be drawn at random to become the winner. The draw will take place at Beinteractive Pty Ltd, Level 9, 155 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, on 4 February 2009 at 12:00 (AEDT).
36. The winners will be notified by telephone within 2 days of the draw and will also be notified of their prize in writing. The winnerís details will be published in the public notices section of The Sydney Morning Herald newspaper on 16 February 2009.
37. Should an entrantís contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
38. Prizes must be claimed by 13 May 2009 and if the prize remains unallocated or unclaimed, a further draw will be conducted on 14 May 2009 at the same time and place as the original draw (subject to any directions given under all State Regulations). The re-drawn winnerís details will be published in the public notices section of The Sydney Morning Herald newspaper on 25 May 2009.
39. The promoterís decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
40. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
41. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoterís ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
42. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
43. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoterís legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
44. Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd, Beinteractive Pty Ltd and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
45. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
46. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
47. All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter and Peregrine Adventures Pty Ltd may use the entrantís names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrantís details should be directed to The Promoter.
48. Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winner). The entrant's personal information may be disclosed to Beinteractive Pty Ltd for this purpose. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the Promotion.
49. Entrantsí personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winnersí names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
50. The Promoter is Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd, ABN: 33 003 357 720 of Level 5, 1 Darling Island Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPS/08/11514, ACT TP 08/04758
Good luck everyone!!!