Entry was at: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=ERICCLAP09
Rules were at: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/content/pdf/Terms_Conditions/ERICCLAP09_TC.pdf
Eric Clapton Competition
Win A Ticket Upgrade!
Purchase 2 or more Gold reserve tickets to Eric Clapton before Sun 31 Jan and go in the draw to win a upgrade to Platinum Seats!
In 2007 Eric Clapton dazzled Australian audiences and critics alike when he toured this country again after an absence of nearly 20 years. Thankfully this time the wait has been nowhere near as long - Eric Clapton returns in March 2009.
“The inevitable finale of Layla had the audience on their feet yelling for more” - Sydney Morning Herald
There are few who would contest Eric Clapton’s reputation is one of the world’s finest guitarists, often revered as the ‘musician’s musician’. An extraordinary career spanning over fifty years, seemingly countless releases, and accolades too numerous to list. Setting out in the sixties with The Yardbirds, evolving through John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers, Cream, Blind Faith, Delaney & Bonnie and Friends, and Derek and The Dominos. Eventually in 1970 Clapton’s career began a new solo chapter.
Now in his 60’s Slowhand doesn’t appear to be showing signs of retirement. His recent list of achievements include releasing a best-selling autobiography Clapton, The Autobiography, a 2-disc release Complete Clapton ‘an ultimate career retrospective’, and a 27 date tour performing for thousands of fans at shows in U.S., Canada, and Europe, finishing up with two performances at Monaco's Sporting Summer Festival.
Wednesday 11 March - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
*Ticketek is selling for the above venues only.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry is open to VIC residents. Employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, participating outlets and the agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible.
3. During the promotional period, an entry will be automatically awarded while making a valid purchase online at www.ticketek.com.au for Eric Clapton at Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday 11 March 2009.
4. In the event of dispute of identity of a drawn winner, the winner will be the person named in the purchase of tickets through Ticketek.
5. The first two (2) entries drawn that meet the criteria will win an upgrade from Gold reserve seats to Platinum reserve seats for transactions with 2 to 8 tickets.
6. The total prize is valued at $100 per ticket upgrade. This prize is not transferable or exchangeable and the Promoter reserves the right to change the prize to the same or equal value at any time if the prize becomes unavailable.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry. The Promoter may in their absolute discretion require that the individual provide photographic identification or some other acceptable form identification or proof of age before awarding the prize.
8. Competition commences on Monday 8 December 2008 and closes on Sunday 31 January 2009 (the “Competition Period”). The prizewinner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid competition entries received. The draws will take place at Level 19, 66-68 Goulburn Street, Sydney NSW 2000 at 11am on Monday 9 February 2009 during the promotional period. The prize winner will be contacted by phone and/or in writing. Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. In the event of any winners of a prize worth more than $100, their names will be published on the Promoter’s web site, www.ticketek.com.au
10. The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner provide proof of age and identity prior to awarding the prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. Prize winner may be required to sign a declaration confirming their eligibility to accept the prize.
11. Within 7 days of the prize draw, all winners will be notified in writing of the prize they have won and how the prize will be delivered. In the event that a winner is unable to be contacted, and all methods of communication are unsuccessful, unclaimed prizes will be dealt with as prescribed by the law of the State or Territory of Australia in which the prizewinner resides. The prize remains the property of the Promoter until claimed by the prizewinner.
12. By entering, entrants agree that the Promoter, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotions agencies, and their respective officers, directors, and employees shall not be liable for injury, loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this promotion or from the acceptance or use/misuse of the prize awarded. This includes, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
13. No responsibility accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the web entry into the Promotion database and NOT time of transmission by the entrant.
14. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
16. The Promoter may conduct such further draws at the same place as the original draw as are necessary on Monday 9 March 2009 in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by that date. In the event of any winners of a prize worth more than $100 in an unclaimed prize draw, their names will be published on the Promoter’s web site, www.ticketek.com.au
17. The promoter is Ticketek Pty Ltd of Level 19, 66-68 Goulburn Street, Sydney NSW 2000. (ABN 92 010 129 110).
18. Authorised under NSW Permit No LTPM/08/00452. ACT Permit No TP 08/03096
Good luck everyone!!!