Entry was at: http://www.gamespot.com.au/comps/competition.htm?name=the_spirit
Rules were at: http://www.gamespot.com.au/comps/terms.htm?name=the_spirit
Results were to be published: 13/02/09
WIN A SLEEK SAMSUNG HD LCD TV THANKS TO THE SPIRIT AND HOYTS!
Adapted from the legendary comic strip, The Spirit is a classic action-adventure-romance told by Frank Miller, creator of 300 and Sin City. Filmed in rich, dark urban filmscapes for a noir graphic novel feel, the film tells the story of a former rookie cop who returns mysteriously from the dead as The Spirit (Gabriel Macht) to fight crime from the shadows of Central City. Starring Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Eva Mendes and in the vein of Batman Begins and Sin City, this is a sinister, dark crime-fighting tale with an a-list cast that's not to be missed!
Thanks to our friends at Hoyts, we have an amazing prize pack to giveaway in a combined GameSpot AU and TV.com game of skill for one lucky reader to entertain the harem in their dark urban abode - A 40-inch full high-definition LCD television from Samsung and a double pass to see the film.
Twelve runners up from both GameSpot AU and TV.com will also win a double pass to attend the film (valued at $30 each).
To put yourself in the running for this fantastic prize, we're asking you to become a comic book author and create the dialogue for Silken Floss (Scarlett Johansson's cold, cunning and sexy accomplice to Samuel L. Jackson's villian Octopus) in her meeting in an alleyway with the film's hero 'The Spirit'. In her motive to help corner The Spirit for The Octopus' capture, how is she charming him into following her plans? What is she plotting? What will result in his moment of action? Give us a short scenario and dialogue for this character (in 35 words or less).
The most clever and creative response, as judged by the GameSpot AU and TV.com teams will win!
Entries close Feb 5, so enter now!
WIN A SLEEK SAMSUNG HD LCD TV THANKS TO THE SPIRIT AND HOYTS! Terms & Conditions
1. Instructions on how to enter and how to claim prizes form part of these conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents. Employees of the Promoter, its affiliates & agencies associated with the promotion (& their immediate families) are ineligible.
3. Promoter is CBS Interactive Pty Ltd (ABN 41 092 094 525) of Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia.
4. Competition commences 22 January 2009 and closes AEDST 5pm 5 February 2009.
5. To enter the competition readers of au.gamespot.com and tv.com, must submit an answer of 35 words or less to outline the potential dialouge of the character pictured in the comic strip - "What will The Spirit character say?".
6. The judging will take place at the promoter's office, Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia. From AEDST 5pm 6 February, 2009.
7. The winner will be notified by Phone or e-mail by February 12, 2008 and published on au.gamespot.com by February 13, 2009.
8. The author of the most insightful response, as judged by the editors from CBS Interactive, will be deemed the winner. This competition is a game of skill. The major prize winner will take home a 40" Samsung full hi-def LCD TV (valued at $2,000) and a double pass to the film (valued at $30). Twenty runners-up will win a double pass to The Spirit valued at $30 each.
9. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified immediately using the contact details provided on the entry form. If the Promoter receives no response from the winner within 7 days of notification the promoter holds the right to conduct a redraw of the prize at the original place designated for the competition and a new winner will be drawn and notified. If the winner selected is under the age of 18, the prize will be awarded to thier parent or guardian.
11. Entry into this promotion shall be deemed an acknowledgment and acceptance of these conditions. Promoter accepts no responsibility for illegible, damaged, late or misdirected entries/claims for any reason. Proof of posting shall not constitute proof of delivery. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of claims and entries and disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, or for submitting a claim or entry that is not in accordance with these conditions.
13. Promoter shall not be liable for, and takes no responsibility in relation to, any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions from the SA Lottery Department, Revenue SA) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to an written directions or conditions from any other relevant state or authority.
17. Insurance and warranty for the products will be the responsibility of the vendor suppliers of the prize. Warranty details for each of the components of the prize will be provided with the prize The promoter of this competition is CBS Interactive.
Good luck everyone!!!
No worries kombi!! Best of luck to you!!