Entry was at: http://www.subscribers.theage.com.au/view_offer.asp?intid=574&intpagestate=0&s_cid=
Results were to be published: 14/02/09
Win A Once In A Lifetime Peregrine High Arctic Expedition Voyage Worth Over $26,000!
Subscribers can win a 13 night Arctic voyage for two with an Upper Deck cabin onboard the ice-strengthened Peregrine Mariner, with all voyage meals, activities and excursions included.
This 13-night Spitsbergen, East Greenland & Iceland expedition voyage, setting sail 6 July 2009, will take you high above the Arctic Circle to the remarkable island of Spitsbergen, across the Greenland Sea to explore iceberg filled fjords of Greenland, and then to Reykjavik - the final stop on your unforgettable journey.
Explore massive glaciers and remote communities by inflatable zodiac boat and on foot. Seek out extraordinary wildlife, from the walrus to the great polar bear. Prize also includes two return economy class flights from your nearest Australian capital city and pre/post-voyage transfers and necessary accommodation.
Some more info: http://www.peregrineadventures.com/Arctic/Trip/Overview.html?trip=Spitsbergen,-East-Greenland-&-Iceland---departs-09&tripid= 3228&ad=agecomp
For your chance to win, enter your details via the link above.
Terms and Conditions:
All entries must be received by 11.59pm on Thursday February 05 2009. Prize winners will be randomly selected on Friday February 06 2009.
Further Terms & Conditions - The Age ‘Spitsbergen, East Greenland & Iceland Voyage’ Competition 2009
1. The promoter is The Age Company Ltd A.B.N. 85 004 262 702 (The Age).
2. Details on how to enter form part of the terms and conditions.
3. The competition is open from Thursday 1st January 2009 at 12:01am to Thursday 5th February 2009 at 11:59pm.
4. Entry into the competition can be made by Victorian residents who;
• Are existing subscribers directly with The Age and who have a current subscription, and enter the competition online (via the link above) or by calling 1800 060 030 (no call charge, opening hours 8am – 9pm Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday) no later than 11:59pm on 5th February 2009. One phone call constitutes one entry to win the prize. One online entry constitutes one entry to win the prize. Limit of one online entry per subscriber.
5. The competition does not apply to any other subscription offers made by The Age or related corporations within the meaning of the Corporations Law.
6. To be eligible to claim the prize, the winner must maintain a current subscription directly with The Age Company Limited at the time of the draw.
7. The prize consists of two berths in an Upper Deck cabin on the Spitsbergen, East Greenland & Iceland 13-night voyage departing 6 July 2009, for two people. The prize is inclusive of return economy flights from your nearest Australian capital city, charter flight and one additional nights accommodation in Reykjavik and transfers in Longyearbyen and Reykjavik. The voyage includes onboard accommodation, all meals, all voyage activities and excursions (excluding kayaking additional cost $575), and an onboard education program.
8. Total prize value is $26,108.00 including GST, value may fluctuate due to changes in airfare cost. The value of this prize is correct as at time of printing.
9. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be sold or redeemable for cash.
10. The Spitsbergen, East Greenland & Iceland prize is provided by Peregrine Adventures, conditions apply:
• This trip can only be taken on the specified date: 6-19 July 2009.
• Winner and guest must travel together. Accommodation is provided on a twin share basis.
•If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian. Any minor guest must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian on trip. Voyage is not recommended to children under 16 years of age. The decision for any person under 18 years of age to travel is at the absolute discretion of Peregrine Adventures.
•This prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
•The prize and booking of the prize is subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of Peregrine Adventures as per back of The High Arctic 2009 brochure.
•Additional expenses, including visa and passport fees, airport taxes, meals and drinks not specified in the itinerary, travel insurance and emergency evacuation charges (which are compulsory, see below), any optional tours or activities during free time including kayaking, gratuities to staff and crew, items of a personal nature, laundry, postage, telephone calls and medical expenses, are at the winner’s and their guest expense.
•Adequate and valid travel insurance, obtained at the winner’s and their partner’s expense, is compulsory. Insurance must cover accidents, injury, illness and death medical expenses, including any related to pre-existing medical conditions, emergency repatriation (including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable) and personal liability. Peregrine also recommends it covers cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. The winner and their partner must carry proof of insurance and produce it if reasonably requested by Peregrine’s employees or suppliers. Peregrine reserves the right to cancel or suspend participation in the trip or in certain activities that comprise part of a trip, at any time, including after the commencement of the voyage, with no right of refund, if the winner and their partner are unable to provide proof of insurance when requested.
•It is the winner’s and their guest’s responsibility to carry a valid passport and appropriate visas.
•The winner and their guest must advise Peregrine of any pre-existing medical condition and/or disability that might reasonably be expected to increase the risk of requiring medical attention, or that might affect the normal conduct of a tour and the enjoyment of other trip members. The winner and their partner must provide an assessment of their medical condition from a qualified medical practitioner. Peregrine reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion, to cancel the booking or cancel participation in the trip at any time, including after the commencement of the trip, with no right of refund, if the winner’s or their guest’s medical condition and/or disability could be reasonably expected to affect the normal conduct of the trip and the enjoyment of other trip members.
11. The winner will be issued with a travel voucher and instructions about how to redeem the prize from Peregrine Adventures, Level 4, 380 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000.
12. The Age accepts no liability for loss or injury arising from the competition winner redeeming the prize.
13. Entrants will be invited to subscribe to receive additional information via e-mail about Peregrine’s full range of Polar expeditions. The decision by entrants to grant or withhold their consent in relation to the use of their information for marketing purposes will not affect the selection of the winner.
14. The draw will take place at 9am on Friday 6th February 2009 at The Age, Level 2, 250 Spencer Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000.
15. The winner will be randomly selected.
16. The winner will be notified by mail and phone and a Public Notice will appear in The Age on Saturday 14 February, 2009.
17. Employees of The Age, and its related corporations, and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
18. Entries will remain the property of The Age.
19. Vic. Permit No. 08/5765
Victorian subscribers with a subscription directly with The Age (13 weeks or more - incl. Direct Debit), are eligible for Subscriber Benefits.
Good luck everyone!!!
Cheers belle74!! Fingers crossed for you!!