Entry was at: http://www.greatestathlete.com.au/coles/
How to enter
To enter simply purchase any Rexona product from a participating Coles outlet excluding Coles Online, Coles Central & Coles Express stores between 19/01/09 and 15/02/09, last mail 16/02/09 (the ďPromotional PeriodĒ) and tell us in 25 words or less what you love most about Rexona Australiaís Greatest Athlete series on Channel 9. You can enter in one of two ways:
(a) By Internet: Log on to www.greatestathlete.com.au/coles and provide your 25 words or less response, follow the prompts to enter your first & last name, postal address, contact details, the last 4 digits of the product barcode found on the reverse of each of the Rexona product purchased during the Promotional Period and your Coles receipt number;
(b) By mail: complete the official entry form available in-store, provide your 25 words or less response, supply your full name, phone number, address, last 4 digits of the barcode (found on the back of your Rexona product) and your receipt number and send to Rexona Greatest Athlete BBQ, Locked Bag 7000, Neutral Bay NSW 2089. Mail entries must be received by last mail on 02/03/09.
Retain originals of all store purchase receipts for all entries as proof of purchase. Promoter reserves the right to request proof of purchase for each entry made to verify all entries before awarding the prize. Consumers may enter as many times as they like provided each entry is associated with a separate purchase of a Rexona product.
Terms & Conditions1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents. Employees of the Promoter, participating Coles stores, the Promoterís associated companies, the Promoterís agencies associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Entrants under the age of 18 years must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter. If the Major Prize winner is under the age of 18, the Major Prize will be awarded to the parents or guardian.
3. Promotion commences at 09.01am AEDST 19/01/09 and entries close at 5.00pm AEDST 15/02/09, last mail 16/02/09. (ďPromotional PeriodĒ).
4. All entries will be judged on the 19/02/09 at 5.00pm AEDST from all entries received. Final judging will be conducted at Level 2, 50 Yeo St Neutral Bay 2089. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each valid entry will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) based on literary and creative merit. Winners will be notified by mail and phone.
5. The best entry will win the opportunity to have one of the athletes that competed in Rexona Australiaís Greatest Athlete TV series at their home for a meet & greet on a date that suits both the winner and athlete (athlete chosen at the promoterís discretion and will depend on athlete availability). Prize includes a fully catered BBQ event and the meet & greet for the winner and 10 mates. A chef will prepare the BBQ on a Beefeater 5 burner Signature Plus BBQ, (valued at $4,499.00); that the winner keeps after the event. Prize also includes an outdoor setting, valued at $3,000. The Major Prize is valued at $40,000RRP
6. The next best 100 entries will win a Runners Up Prize of a Rexona Australiaís Greatest Athlete; polo t-shirt (size L), cap, towel, waterbottle and backpack, valued at $138.00RRP.
7. The Promoterís decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Major Prize winner and all Runners Up winners will be contacted by phone and mail within two days of the judging date.
8. Total prize pool is valued at up to $53,800 RRP.
9. Runners Up Prizes will only be delivered in Australia by registered post and winner/s should allow 28 days for delivery.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, at any time during or after the promotion, and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant (and ALL entries submitted by that entrant) for tampering with the entry process, including but not limited to the use of techniques designed to avoid payment of website costs or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure of the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
11. Entrants are limited to one entry per product purchased. Proof of purchase for every entry submitted, in the form of a photocopy of an original store purchase receipt(s), must be provided on the Promoterís request in order to claim the prize. Where a copy of the receipt is not provided on request, or the receipt/s records a purchase outside of the promotional period, the entry will be deemed invalid and the prize will be re-judged in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
12. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted from that source and by those entrants invalid.
13. Cost of accessing the Internet is the entrantís responsibility. Any costs associated with accessing the promotional website are the entrantís responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider used. Any contact details entered incorrectly shall invalidate the entry. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incomplete or incomprehensible entries. All such inaccurate entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Any entry that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from acceptance of the prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
15. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize which is not used within the specified period, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash unless specified otherwise.
16. In the event that a prize is not available despite the Promoterís reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal recommended retail value, subject to any written directions from a relevant Regulatory Authority.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value.
18. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with taking the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
19. It is a condition of entry that the winner may be required to execute a Deed of Acknowledgement, Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter in its discretion.
20. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions from a relevant Regulatory Authority.
21. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by the internet user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or website, software failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries and any injury or damage to participants or any other personís computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials in the promotion. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and, subject to any written directions given by a relevant Regulatory Authority, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner's entry is of a type described in this clause
24. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the winnerís participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrantís name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of age, identity and residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
27. The Promoter is Unilever Australia Limited ABN 66 004 050 828 of 20-22 Cambridge Street, Epping NSW 2121.
Thankyou. I really like these comps that have a good lot of runner up prizes, give a bit better chance at winning a prize.
Thanks for the post Hellbiddy.
That's odd just visited web entry page and dates have changed. Terms are not working yet.
Promotion commences 02/02/09 and closes 01/03/09, last mail 02/03/09. This is a game of skill. Major Prize judging takes place on 06/03/09 at Level 2, Yeo St, Neutral Bay NSW 2089 at 5pm. The best answer as judged by the promoter will winthe Major Prize, valued at $40,000. The next 100 best answers will win the Runners up Pack is valued at $138.00. Full details and conditions available at www.greatestathlete.com.au/coles or by calling 1800 820 898. Total Prize pool is valued at up to $53,800. The Promoter is Unilever Australia Limited of 20-22 Cambridge Street Epping NSW 2121.
Thanks Annne dates are back to original, although the television series that you have to answer the 25wol about doesn't start until 31st January which is a bit strange.
Very strange strting now if program begins on the 31st.....I guess we can start buying products...AS IF WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH DEODORANTS
Must check the product line....do they have soap etc too?
Just looking on the Unilever website it seems its all deordorant roll ons or spray
Just purchased the roll-on, now...how do you answer the question when the show hasnt started airing??
Can see its gunna be one of those comps I bought the product put it aside then forget to enter
We'll remind you !! Just bought some too and got entry forms.
THE makers of the soon-to-be launched eight-part television series Australia's Greatest Athlete wouldn't say much at all to us yesterday. In fact
they told us to wait until the launch. But we can confidently predict that they will soon be pumping up what they will claim to be the most
comprehensive sports celebrity series this country has ever seen. We can save the debate until afterwards. Richmond's reigning best-and-fairest
winner Brett Deledio is the sole AFL representative among the eight combatants for the title (they are all male). The Tigers confirmed last night that
Deledio was on the Gold Coast shooting this week and had received a short-term leave of absence from pre-season training with the club's full
support. He is in fine sporting company ó our mail is that cricket's Andrew Symonds, the National Rugby League's Billy Slater, rugby union's Lote
Tuqiri, V8 supercar champ Jamie Whincup, Olympic gold medallist pole vaulter Steve Hooker, soccer's Joel Griffiths and ironman Ky Hurst are the other
contestants lined up.
The program will be pitched as a multi-discipline physical challenge aimed at determining Australia's best all-round sportsman. Who knows, if it's a success maybe a couple of sporting women will get a go. Nine confirmed yesterday that it has the program pencilled in for Saturday afternoons and has Andrew Voss and Michael Slater pencilled in as hosts, and Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting committed to a role as guest commentator as well as athlete motivator and interviewer. Word is the athletes will undertake challenges in the disciplines of golf, cricket, basketball, shooting, and rock climbing, and complete 40-metre sprints, a mini ironman, take soccer penalty shootouts, bench press until they blow up and even attempt dune buggy racing. Symonds v Tuqiri on a dune buggy? The mind boggles. The title will be bestowed on the best performer overall.
there is an ad for this show on now on channel 9. I think it airs 4.30 this Saturday
sorry edited to say its actually airing now
just recieved a runners up pack here, pretty good prize
Thankyou for the post
Thanks for the post....2 runner up prize packs arrived here today:0)
Runner Up prize here - will come in handy on Hubby's Mizone bootcamp!
Congrats to the winners so far
I read on another site that the major winner of this comp bought her product from the wrong store not Coles very sad for her I guess that means there would be a redraw not sure how that would work.
I had 2 entries, no runners up pack here..............yet. Very sad for the major prize winner, that would be an aweful feeling
I checked my entry records and found I only entered once and yet two prize packs arrived here today?? Strange!!
I won a pack also, thanks.
a pack here aswell thanks
A pack for me too today...thanks for the post Hellbiddy...
2 packs for me and usefull stuff thankyou.
I won a pack as well!!!! yay.... nothing's better than a package at the door you were'nt expecting!
thankyou for the post!
wow a pack for us to.....
Runner up pack here as well - Thanks for the post Very Much Appreciated
I can't see in the T&C's when the results are supposed to be in the Australian PN's.
Congrats to all winners
i only entered once on the very first day i had a pack turn up last week.
Yay I got a pack too Only entered once.