Entry was at: http://newsletters.racq.com.au/em/message/email/view.php?u=18679&id=450976
Results were to be published: 16/03/09
Win tickets to Blindness
Blindness is the compelling story of humanity in the grip of an epidemic of mysterious blindness.
It begins in a flash, as one man is struck blind while driving home from work. One by one, each person he encounters – his wife, his doctor, even the good Samaritan who gives him a lift home – will in due course suffer the same unsettling fate.
As the contagion spreads, and panic and paranoia set in across the city, the newly blind victims of the “White Sickness” are rounded up and quarantined within a crumbling, abandoned mental asylum, where all semblance of ordinary life begins to break down.
RACQ and Roadshow Films have 30 double passes to Blindness, which stars Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo, to give away. To enter, email email@example.com with 'Blindness competition' in the subject line and include your name, address, daytime contact number and RACQ membership number.
Tickets are valid from 19 March 2009 until end of season at participating Village, Birch Carroll and Coyle, Greater Union, Hoyts, Reading, Australian Multiplex, Wallis and participating independent cinemas. Competition closes 13 March 2009. Limit one entry per member.
Blindness releases in cinemas on 19 March 2009. See the trailer at www.blindnessmovie.com.au Rated MA15+
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is a promotion run by The Royal Automobile Club of Queensland Limited ABN 72 009 660 575 (“Promoter”).
2. Entries and information on prizes and how to enter form part of these terms and conditions (“Terms”). Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms are ineligible. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms.
3. The competition is open to residents of Queensland who are eligible RACQ members.
4. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and related entities of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. The competition commences 4 March 2009 and closes 5pm Friday 13 March 2009. The competition will be drawn at 10am on Monday 16 March 2009 at the RACQ offices located at 2649 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains Qld 4113.
6. There will be 30 winners in this competition who will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entry is by an eligible RACQ member sending an email with their member number, name, address, daytime contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Blindness Competition'. Limit one entry per member.
8. The 30 prize winners will each receive 2 passes to see Blindness at participating cinemas valued at up to $30.00. Any change in the value of the prizes between the competition start date and the date prizes are claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
9. The prizes must be taken during the season screening of Blindness at participating cinemas.
10. The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
11. Winners will be notified by mail. Prizes will be posted or couriered to winners as appropriate. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected prizes.
12. In the event that a redraw is required it will be held at 10am on 6 April 2009 at the RACQ offices located at 2649 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains Qld 4113 and redraw winners will be notified by email, or phone.
13. All entries become the property of the Promoter. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
15. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage or for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking the prizes or entering into this competition. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability or any goods or services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winners.