Entry was at: http://subscriber.couriermail.com.au/subscriber-rewards/enter-promotion.php
Rules were at: http://subscriber.couriermail.com.au/subscriber-rewards/terms-and-conditions.php?competition_id=91&ct_id=61
Brisbane Lions Box
A Brisbane Lions 8-Seat Gabba VIP Box for 5 Home Games!
Package valued at $6,600
prize includes the following:
• Your own 8-Seat VIP Box with steward, TV and icebox for five Lions home games
• Guided Gabba Tour for two and
• One Leadership Group signed Lions guernsey
Plus 5 subscribers WIN 2009 premium Lions season double memberships valued at $860 each.
Brisbane Lions 3-Game Memberships now available. Pick ANY 3 Gabba home games and enjoy the best membership package benefits in a prime seat for our biggest blockbusters including Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Geelong, Aker’s Bulldogs and more…
Competition closes at midnight Sunday 22nd March 2009
Terms and conditions
By entering the WIN A BRISBANE LIOND 8-SEAT VIP BOX FOR 5 HOME GAMES ?Promotion?, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
1.1 Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry.
2.WHO CAN ENTER?
2.1Entry is open only to Queensland residents 18 years and older who must hold a current subscription of The Courier-Mail and The Sunday Mail within the promotional period. Must be able to show upon request proof of residency e.g. Drivers Licence.
2.2 Employees and their immediate families of Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd, Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether by natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
3.HOW TO ENTER
3.1 The competition commences on Saturday 28 February at 00.01 (AEST) and concludes with Sunday 22 March, 2009 at 23:59 (?the Competition Period?)
3.2 In order to enter the competition, entrants must complete the questionnaire on the Subscriber Advantage website. couriermail.com.au/subscriber3.3 Entrants under the age of 18 years must obtain the prior permission of a parent or guardian over the age of 18 years before entering the competition.
There will be one main (1) prize winner and 5 runner-up prizes. Prize winners will receive the corresponding prize package in order of draw as set out below:
MAJOR WINNER will receive
? One (1) person will win an 8 seat VIP Box with steward, TV and icebox for five Lions home games, Guided Gabba Tour for two and one leadership signed Lions guernsey
RUNNER-UP WINNERS will receive
? Five (5) runner ups will win a 2009 Premium Lions Season double membership
TOTAL PRIZE POOL TOTAL $10,6900.
4.1 Prize not redeemable for cash and forfeited if unable to attend on this date. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize or any element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter, then the prize or any element of the prize will not be redeemable for cash.
4.2 If the winner is under the age of 18 they must be accompanied by parent or guardian who will be counted as their guest.
4.3 The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. In the event of that any prize item is unavailable; the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value. Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
4.4 In the event of that any prize item is unavailable; the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value. Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
4.5 In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners grant the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
5. HOW TO WIN
5.1 Each entrant who has entered the competition over the Competition Period and registered all details in accordance with clause 3 will be entered into the prize draws. All draws will take place at Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd, 41 Campbell Street, Bowen Hills Qld 4001 at 10am Monday, 23 March, 2009.
5.2 The winner/s may be announced in The Courier-Mail and or The Sunday Mail. (Subject to the Editor?s decision). The winner/s will be notified by mail enclosing their prize.
5.3 The Promoter?s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
6. NO LIABILITY
6.1 In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter?s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to State Legislation.
6.2 Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd and Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club and their associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost or misdirected mail.
6.3 Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd and Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur:
6.3.1 during the draw;
6.3.2 whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry into the draw; or
6.3.3 in the participation in any prize;
6.3.4 as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail;
6.3.5 due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person;
6.3.6 in relation to failure of an SMS entry message to be received by the promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion;
6.3.7 arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines or mobile communications network related to or resulting from participation in this promotion;
6.3.8 Due to circumstances outside the Promoter?s reasonable control.
6.4 Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd and Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club and its affiliates assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
6.5 If, for any reason, this competition is not capable of being conducted as planned, including, but not limited, due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to State Legislation.
The Promoters are:-
ABN 61 009 661 778
Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd, 41 Campbell Street, Bowen Hills, QLD, 4006 or
Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd, GPO Box 130, Brisbane Qld 4001
ABN 43 054 263 473
Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club, Level 5, The Gabba, 812 Stanley Street, Woolloongabba QLD 4059
The Promoter (Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd) is part of a global media and entertainment company. We would like to share your information with these overseas-related companies so that they can contact you with special offers. If you would prefer us not to, please contact our privacy officer at 07 3666 6902 or write to: The Privacy Officer, Queensland Newspapers, GPO Box 130, Brisbane Q 4001. You can gain access to your personal information by contacting our privacy officer.
2009 Lions Season Membership package includes:
- Same premium reserved seat at all 11 Lions home games at the Gabba during the regular season
- Access to purchase additional discounted tickets for guests at 20% OFF the price retailed to the public
- Access to purchase AFL Finals tickets subject to Club participation and availability
- Free public transport to and from the Gabba on QR CityTrains and Brisbane City Council buses on match-days
- Membership card, card wallet, lanyard, sticker and fixture magnet
- Wallet-sized season fixture card
- Choice between the Puma members-only cap or members-only scarf (to be collected)
- Season Guide, Season Review and two Lions Tale magazine editions (one per household)
- Merchandise discount vouchers
- Electronic birthday card with merchandise offer
- Lions Den social club membership @ Chalk Hotel, Woolloongabba (if aged 18 or over)
- Weekly Club email updates, offers and Senior Coach media conference transcripts during the AFL season
- Invitations to members-only player events
- Theme park entry discounts at Lions Family Fun Days
- Two guest pass tickets for use at selected Lions home games at the Gabba during the regular season
- Annual General Meeting full voting rights (if aged 18 or over)
- Priority access to purchase an AFL Grand Final ticket subject to Club participation and availability
- Access to the Gabba?s members-only bar and dining facilities on match-days
- Full member medallion keyring
- Option to upgrade to a September Member and be guaranteed an AFL Grand Final ticket should the Lions participate
The 8-Seat VIP Box for 5 Lions home games package includes:
"The best open-air facility where you can experience panoramic views of all the action, atmosphere and the roaring Gabba crowd from your very own VIP box."
- Your choice of 2 x 5 game packages:
Option One: Lions v West Coast, Essendon, Melbourne, Geelong and Port Adelaide
Option Two: Lions v Sydney, Adelaide, Carlton, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs
- private, open-air VIP seating enclosure
- match-day stewards to assist you and your guests
- range of informal menu and beverage packages
(NB: All food & drink costs are additional - not included in the prize)
- television monitor and ice box
- one VIP car park space per box
- facility recognition and directory board ID signs
- invitation for 4 guests to the annual Lions Entertainment Gala & Auction event
- first option to purchase your facility for any 2009 Finals played at the Gabba
- opportunity to purchase 2009 Grand Final packages subject to availability
- two full Brisbane Lions memberships (as per above) and the balance as season tickets
- company listing in the 2009 Lions Corporate Directory