Entry was at: http://www.wchannel.com.au/competitions/default.aspx
Results were to be published: 25/03/09
Win a Private Reading with Lisa Williams
How would you like meet and be part of a live audience with Lisa Williams?
Lisa Williams is an internationally acclaimed medium and clairvoyant healer who has an amazing ability to communicate with loved ones and friends who have passed on to the ‘other side’.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This competition (the “PROMOTION”) is conducted by FOXTEL Management Pty Ltd (“FOXTEL”) ABN: 65 068 671 938 of 5 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW, 2113 (the “PROMOTER”).
2. The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
3. Entry to the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Promotion, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Promotion and to take the Prize if they are a winner.
4. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
5. The Promotion is only open to eligible entrants (the “ENTRANTS”), being individuals who are:
a) permanent residents of Australia; and
b) a FOXTEL, Optus, AUSTAR, or Telstra subscribers, or live in a household with a FOXTEL, Optus, AUSTAR or Telstra subscription and have the subscriber’s permission, and the subscriber’s account is not in arrears for the duration of the Promotion up to and including the 29 March 2009; and
c) over the age of 18;
and are not:
d) employees of the Promoter, Optus, AUSTAR, Telstra or an employee of these companies’ related corporations or agencies or any other company associated with the Promoter and/or the Promotion; or
e) a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee.
6. Entry to the Promotion commences at 09:00hrs on 05 March 2009 and closes at 23:59hrs on 22 March 2009 (the “PROMOTION PERIOD”). All times and dates are times and dates in Sydney, which may be AEST or AEDT depending on the date. All times are stated using the 24 hour clock. 00:00hrs is the start of a day and 24:00hrs is the end of a day.
7. To enter the Promotion, during the Promotion Period, an Entrant must:
a) log on to http://www.wchannel.com.au (the “WEBSITE”); and
b) click on the ‘competitions’ link; and
c) fill in all of the required data fields on the entry page; and
d) answer the following question, in 25 words or less: ‘Tell us your favourite Lisa Williams episode and why?’ (the ”ENTRY QUESTION”)
8. The Entrant’s entry must not be:
m) racially or ethnically offensive;
n) capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
o) capable of violating any law; and/or
p) capable of giving rise to civil liability.
9. Subject to the other conditions, an Entrant may enter the Promotion multiple times during the Promotion Period provided they submit a different answer to the Entry Question each time.
10. Entry is free, however, any costs associated with accessing the Website are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
11. Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not time of transmission by the Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications equipment or for any delays due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. Entrants must make their Website entries manually using an internet browser. The Promoter may reject entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that an entry has been made using automated entry means or by use of a computer entry service.
13. Should an Entrant’s contact details change at any time between the date that they enter the Promotion and 29 March 2009 that Entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
14. All entries to the Promotion may be subject to verification by the Promoter. An Entrant must, within 7 days of being asked, at the Promoter’s cost:
a) hand over to the Promoter any receipt (if applicable) issued at the point of entering; and
b) allow the Promoter to inspect and copy any other documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win, including but not limited to evidence of age, residence and/or identity.
15. The Promoter can decide in its sole discretion which documents are considered suitable for establishing eligibility to enter or win. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, that Winner will forfeit their prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
16. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party, or otherwise by proxy, will be invalid.
17. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant to be invalid if the Entrant:
a) fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Promotion to the Promoter’s satisfaction; or
b) fails to produce items as required by Condition 14 or produces items that are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
c) appears, to the Promoter, to have tampered with, or benefited from tampering with, the entry process; or
d) has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
18. There will be 1 major prize winner (the “MAJOR PRIZE WINNER”) of this Promotion determined from all entries received during the Promotion Period.
19. There will be 5 runner up prize winners (the “RUNNER UP PRIZE WINNERS”) of this Promotion determined from all entries received during the Promotion Period.
20. All prizes are referred to together as the “PRIZES” and all winners are referred to together as the “WINNERS”.
21. The Winners will be the Entrants who, in the sole opinion of the judges, have most creatively answered the Entry Question. The Winners will be determined on 23 March 2009 (the “DETERMINATION DATE”) at 12:00hrs by the Promoter at 5 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW, 2113.
22. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the Determination Date. The Runner Up Prize Winners will be mailed their prize within 7 days of the Determination Date. The Winners’ names will be published on the Website on 25 March 2009.
24. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winners. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given under the legislation regulating the Promotion, if a Prize is: (i) not claimed by a Winner by 10:00hrs on 29 March 2009; or (ii) forfeited for any reason, the Prize will be awarded to another Entrant in an unclaimed prize determination (the “UNCLAIMED PRIZE DETERMINATION”) commencing at 12:00hrs on 29 March 2009 by the Promoter at 5 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW, 2113. The Winner/s of the Unclaimed Prize Determination (also “WINNER/S”) will be notified by telephone and mailed their Prize within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize Determination.
25. The Major Prize Winner will win a lunch and private reading with Lisa Williams (the “MAJOR PRIZE”) which includes:
• 2 x return economy flights to Sydney from the Major Prize Winner’s nearest Australian capital city, valued at a maximum of $750.00;
• 1 night’s accommodation on 2 April 2009 at a minimum 3 star hotel (subject to availability) for 2 people, valued at a maximum of $255.00;
• 2 x tickets to Lisa Williams’ live show on 2 April 2009 at the Seymour Centre, valued at a maximum of $152.00.
• 1 x lunch for 2 people with Lisa Williams on 3 April 2009 at a selected venue, valued at a maximum of $175.00; and
• 1 x private reading with Lisa Williams for the Major Prize Winner on 3 April 2009, valued at a maximum of $500.00; and
THE MAJOR PRIZE IS VALUED AT A MAXIMUM OF $1,832.00
26. Each Runner Up Prize Winner will win 1 of 5 signed copies of Lisa Williams’ book “Life Among The Dead”, valued at a maximum of $32.90 (the “RUNNER UP PRIZE”).
THE TOTAL RUNNER UP PRIZE POOL IS VALUED AT A MAXIMUM OF $164.50
THE TOTAL PRIZE POOL FOR THIS PROMOTION IS VALUED AT A MAXIMUM OF $1,996.50
27. All Prize values are correct as at 13 February 2009 and are reflective of the Recommended Retail Price and are in Australian Dollars. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in the Prize values.
28. If the Major Prize Winner is a resident of Sydney, the flight component of the Major Prize will be forfeited and no substitute prize or cash will be offered.
29. The Major Prize Winner must take the Major Prize to coincide with the dates specified in the Major Prize (2 April 2009 – 3 April 2009).
30. The Major Prize is subject to the availability of Lisa Williams.
31. The Major Prize Winner and their travel partner are responsible for providing suitable identification at check-in to the air-carrier and check-in to the hotel.
32. Unless expressly stated all other costs and expenses associated with taking the Major Prize become the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner including:
a) additional taxes;
e) all airline taxes;
f) sightseeing or activities;
g) any additional accommodation;
h) personal spending money; and
i) all other incidental and ancillary costs, incurred by the Major Prize Winner and/or their travel partner as a direct or indirect result of taking the Major Prize that are not otherwise stated as included in the Major Prize.
33. The Major Prize Winner’s travel partner must be over the age of 18.
34. Frequent Flyer points cannot be earned on any of the flights included in the Major Prize.
35. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the Major Prize Winner and/or the Major Prize Winner’s travel partner at check-in to the hotel for all incidental charges.
36. Once accommodation and flights have been booked they cannot be changed.
37. The Major Prize Winner and the Major Prize Winner’s travel partner must travel at the same time and must depart together.
38. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety conditions or any other conditions that may exist at any destination.
39. The Major Prize Winner’s travel partner must agree to these Terms and Conditions to be eligible to accompany the Major Prize Winner on the Major Prize and the Promoter may require such acceptance in writing in its absolute discretion.
40. If any Prize (or part of any Prize, if applicable) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by any Winner or any other party if any Prize (or part of any Prize, if applicable) is unavailable for any reason.
41. Prizes cannot be exchanged and, except as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, cannot be taken as a monetary payment.
42. Prizes can be transferred at the Promoter’s sole discretion. In the event that the Promoter exercises its discretion to allow a Winner to transfer the Prize, the transfer will be on the condition that the transferee accepts all terms and conditions set out in these Terms and Conditions and the Promoter may require such acceptance in writing in its absolute discretion.
43. Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from them winning the Prize and they should seek independent financial advice prior to the acceptance of the Prize.
44. Once any Prize has left the Promoter’s/supplier’s premises, the Promoter and its agencies and companies associated with the Promotion will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, loss or damage to the Prize.
45. The Promoter reserves the right to take any action necessary in its sole discretion at any time, subject to any direction given under State permit regulations.
46. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter and its agencies and companies associated with the Promotion (the “RELEVANT PARTIES”) will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, cost, expense or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to, that caused by any person’s negligence) by any Entrant in connection with the Promotion or the Prizes, including: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss or loss of profits; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death.
47. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, including to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion subject to any direction given under the relevant State/Territory permit regulations.
48. The Winner acknowledges that the Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The Winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking the Prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the Prize, nor for the breach of those conditions by any person.
49. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter:
a) is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction with any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s property related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion;
b) is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in connection with the Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the Promotion; and
c) is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or entrants’ details.
50. Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this Promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages in the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
51. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales.
52. These rules are Terms and Conditions and constitute the entire terms and conditions between the Entrant and the Promoter with respect to the Promotion and cannot be altered, modified or amended.
53. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
thanks very much would love to win this one
thanks this would be great
The Question - ‘Tell us your favourite Lisa Williams episode and why?’
Looks like they took it off early went to site and not there.
i would have loved to win this
When I went on the website late Saurday night, it had been taken off a day early.
Would be a unique prize to win!