*VisitBritain, win trip of a lifetime to Britain*
Competitions. This page is an archived competition thread. For current Australian Competitions: Australian Competitions Online.
WOL, Entry: W, Freq: Once Only, Prize pool: $10,800, Ended 31/03
zen - 31-10-2008 @ 11:39 PM
Entry was at: http://www.visitbritain.com.au/campaigns/TheBRITS/competition/index.aspx
Simply enter your details below, let us know
which Brit you would like to meet and why.
The prize includes:
Two Economy Class return flights to London with Virgin Atlantic
3 nights accommodation in a 3 star London hotel, with breakfast
7 nights regional Bed & Breakfast accommodation
7 days car hire
2 x 7 day Great British Heritage Passes
2 x £20 Oyster Cards (for public transport in London)
2 x 2 day London Sightseeing Passes
2 x Original London Sightseeing Tour tickets
Plus a red letter day experience to suit your interests...
Gardens: "Gardens of Kent" personalised day tour from London
Food & drink: "Masterclass" at Hazelwood Castle, Yorkshire
History & Heritage: "Medieval Jousting Experience" at Warwick
Sport: "Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum Tour"
Shopping: "Wedgwood Factory Tour, Pottery Class & Lunch"
Tell us in 20 words or less which Brit you would most like to meet and why?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
BRITISH TOURIST AUTHORITY TRADING AS VISITBRITAIN
ABN 78 819 377 551
"WIN A TRIP FOR TWO TO MEET THE BRITS" PROMOTION
[GAME OF SKILL]
Please note that as this promotion involves no element of chance and is purely based upon entrants' skill, no permits are required from the various
State and Territory gaming authorities.
An appropriately qualified person must judge the skill of the entrants having regard to the nature of the promotion and entry requirements. Further,
there is a Trade Practices Act requirement that prizes are given as offered and match the description in promotional material.
If at any time an element of chance is introduced into the promotion, please note that it is likely that permits will be required.
Please ensure that the timings of the judging and all other terms and conditions of the promotion are strictly adhered to. Please ensure that all
entrants are properly advised of the terms and conditions below.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions
of Entry by each entrant.
2. Any costs associated with accessing the promotional website remain the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the service provider
used. Any contact or other required entry details entered incorrectly on the website shall be deemed invalid and will result in an ineligible entry.
3. Entry is free and open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, partnership
companies, wholesalers and printers, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must, during the promotional period, log on to the Promoter's website at www.visitBritain.com.au/brits
and complete in full in the manner required and submit the online entry form. In order to fully complete their entry, eligible entrants must answer in
20 words or less, "Tell us in 20 words or less which Brit you would most like to meet and why?". In order to fully complete their entry, eligible
entrants will also be required to provide their first name, surname and current and valid email address.
5. Each eligible entrant is limited to one entry in the promotion. Any subsequent entry after the first valid entry received from an eligible entrant
will be invalid.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed
invalid. Entries must be submitted in the manner required and received by the Promoter during the promotional period. Internet entries will be deemed
to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter.
7. Promotion commences at 12:01am (Sydney time) on 17 October 2008 and closes at 11:59pm (Sydney time) on 31 March 2009. The prize judging will take
place at 12:00 noon (Sydney time) on 18 April 2009 at Visit Britain, Level 2, 15 Blue Street North Sydney NSW 2060. Each entry will be judged on the
basis of originality and creativity. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All eligible entries received will be judged by a panel of
appropriately qualified judges. The winner will be notified by email. The Promoter is not responsible for any failure of a winner to receive a
notification email from the Promoter for any reason, including but not limited to email malfunctions or technical problems. All reasonable steps to
notify the winner of the results of judging will be taken by the Promoter. Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The eligible entrant judged to be the best entry from all eligible entries received will win one (1) trip to London for the winner and a travel
companion (aged 18 years or older) valued at up to AUD$10,800 (Recommended Retail Price including GST, depending on point of departure). If the winner
is aged under 25 years, the winner's travel companion must be 25 years or older otherwise the car hire component of the prize will not apply. The
a. Two (2) adult return Economy Class air tickets flying Virgin Atlantic to London from the Australian state or territory capital city airport nearest
to the ordinary residential address of the winner. Prize includes all applicable airport related surcharges, fees, taxes and is valued at $6414 as at
25th September 2008.
b. Three (3) nights accommodation in a central London hotel (standard room, twin share);
c. Two (2) 2 day London Passes to be used by the winner and their travel companion valued at up to $200.00;
d. Two (2) London Oyster Cards (transport cards) to be used by the winner and their travel companion valued at up to $110.00
e. Two (2) Original London Sightseeing Tour tickets to be used by the winner and their travel companion valued at up to $90.00;
f. Two (2) 7 day Great British Heritage Passes to be used by the winner and their travel companion valued at up to $200.00;
g. Seven (7) nights twin share accommodation vouchers for Britain – Discover Premier Bed & Breakfast (Open Dated) valued at up to AUD$1316
(AUD$188 per night);
h. 7 days continuous car hire (compact size car) inc unlimited kms, Collision Theft & Liability Insurance, All taxes, VAT, 24 hour roadside
assistance, vehicle license and road registration fee. Valued at up to $420; and
i. A choice of one only of the following experiences:
i. 'Gardens of Kent' personalised day tour for two people departing from London, provided by Backroads Touring Co., valued at up to AUD$630;
ii. 'Medieval Jousting Experience' at Warwick, Warwickshire, England, for two people provided by Red Letter Days, valued at up to AUD$850;
iii. 'Wimbledon Tour for Two' at Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum, London, England, provided by Red Letter Days, valued at up to AUD$320;
iv. 'Cookery Masterclass for Two' at Hazelwood Castle, Yorkshire, England, provided by Red Letter Days, valued at up to AUD$415
v. 'Wedgwood Tour, Pottery Class and Lunch' for two people at the Wedgwood Visitor Centre, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, provided by Red Letter
Days, valued at up to AUD$210; or
vi. 'London Backstage Theatre Tour plus Tickets for Two' for either 'Phantom of the Opera' or 'Les Miserables', provided by Red Letter Days,
valued at up to AUD$345.
All the above experiences are subject to availability. If for any reason the experience the winner selects is unavailable, then a similar experience
of equal or greater value will be awarded to the winner in lieu.
9. All other costs including meals, additional flights, laundry services, spending money, transport to and from departure point and arrival point,
taxes (including applicable arrival and departure taxes in the UK), travel insurance, passports and visas and all other ancillary costs not expressly
provided, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion. This prize cannot be used in conjunction
with any other discounts or special offers.
10. The winner is responsible for their entry, and the entry of their travel companion, into the UK, including the obtaining at the winner's expense,
and holding, of any necessary passports and visas.
11. The winner and their travel companion are responsible for obtaining (and the cost of obtaining) medical advice prior to taking the prize and
obtaining any recommended vaccinations and immunisations in the manner required before travelling. Taking the travel prize is subject to any
prevailing VisitBritain terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of any venues and services included in the prize, and in particular, health,
behaviour and safety requirements. No compensation will be payable if the winner, or their travel companion, are unable to use any element of the
prize as stated for whatever reason, including refusal of entry or departure into or out of the UK or participation in certain activities for health,
behaviour or safety reasons. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited.
12. Total maximum prize value is up to $10,800.00 (Recommended Retail Price including GST, depending on point of departure and the prize selected).
The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Any unused portion
of the prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash. Use of any passes and
vouchers issued as part of the prize are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use and passes are only valid for use within the stated
duration on the passes or vouchers issued or the duration of the winners' holiday, whichever is earlier. Any tickets or passes which remain unused
after the completion of the winner's holiday shall be deemed null and void.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be
14. All travel must be completed by 4th December 2009. Airfares must be used by the winner and their travel companion at the same time. Tickets are
available on Virgin Atlantic services only over the specified routing in the class of travel stated and are subject to availability and all standard
terms and conditions of travel. The flights must be booked within two months of winning the prize. The prize winner and their travel companion must
each hold a valid passport/visa (as applicable) in order to take the prize. Additionally:
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-endorseable for travel on any other airline
- The prize will be forfeited for any breach of these conditions or any unlawful use of the prize.
- The travel period cannot be extended beyond the expiry date.
- Once the tickets have been issued they are valid only for the flights/dates shown.
- Lounge passes and Limousine transfers are not permitted with these tickets.
- Prizewinner seats are subject to availability. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to offer an alternative date of travel when the preferred choice
is not available.
- These tickets cannot be used during the following periods: 6APR09 – 20APR09; 23JUL09- 24AUG09.
- Tickets are subject to Virgin Atlantic's standard terms and conditions available at www.virginatlantic.com.au
15. The entire prize can be taken only after 1st April 2009 and must be booked and travelled in full before 4th December 2009 otherwise the entire
prize is forfeited. No extension of these travel dates will be permitted. The winner of the prize and their travel companion will not accrue any
frequent flyer points from taking the prize. All components of the prize must be taken together. Accommodation at all hotels and travel is subject to
booking, accommodation and flight availability and blackout periods may apply. Once booked, any changes made to the booking may incur a cancellation
fee or amendment fee, at the cost of the winner. Travel and accommodation is to be arranged by the Promoter and/or a licensed travel agent nominated
by the Promoter.
16. Car rental is for hire of a compact size manual vehicle or vehicle of lesser value. Rate for car hire includes unlimited kilometres, Collision
Theft & Liability Insurance, all taxes, VAT, 24 hour roadside assistance, vehicle license and road registration fee. Vehicle is subject to
availability and the car-rental company's normal rental terms and conditions. It is a condition that the hirer be 25 years and over, and hold a
current international driver's licence. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage or mistreatment to the hire car caused by the hirer. The
Promoter will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the hirer through mistreatment, illegal behaviours, or a violation of the car
hire's terms and conditions of use. All insurance, petrol and damage costs, and any other related expenses, will be the responsibility of the winner
and their travel companion.
17. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential
loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in
connection with taking or using any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum
allowable by law).
18. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner and their travel companion are aged 18 years or older. It is also a condition of
accepting the prize that the winner (and their travel companion) may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its
19. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster) or any other circumstance beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel prize (including an alternative travel prize at an
alternative destination at an alternative date as specified by the Promoter) to the same value as the original prize, or to cancel, terminate, modify
or suspend the promotion.
20. If for any reason any element of the prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter's reasonable control, then a similar prize
element of equal or greater value (including an alternative travel prize at an alternative destination at an alternative date as specified by the
Promoter) will be awarded to the winner in lieu.
21. The Promoter may award the prize to the next highest judged entry on 2 June 2009 in order to award the prize, if the prize remains unclaimed by
that date. In the event of any winner in the unclaimed prize judging, the winner will be notified by email.
22. Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to produce (within the requested time)
appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter's satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the winner's
identity, age, residential or email address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize and any information submitted by each winner in entering the
promotion before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or the
winning entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter's satisfaction within the time requested, the winner's entry will become invalid.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner's travel companion to produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification
or other documentation (to the Promoter's satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm their identity and age before issuing the prize.
The prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry
process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other
improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other
compensation from such an offender are reserved.
25. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is
prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
26. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with,
this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.
27. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage the promotional website or the information on the website, to cause malicious damage or interference
with the normal functioning of the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and
civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent
permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal
obligation by an entrant, the entrant agrees to indemnify the promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
28. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer
equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a mobile network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures
including any damage to entrant's or any other person's mobile handset or computer related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or
the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
29. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised
intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security,
fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or
suspend the promotion, subject to any applicable legislation.
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner of a judging (including
photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of
promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or
supplied by the Promoter. The winners agree to participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to this promotion as requested by the
Promoter and its agents.
31. 31. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal
information about entrants to include entrants in the promotion and where appropriate award prizes. If the personal information requested is not
provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By participating in the promotion, each entrant also acknowledges that a further primary
purpose for collection of entrants' personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in
improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with information on special offers or provide entrants with marketing materials via
any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant
Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future.
The Promoter may share information with its Australian and overseas related companies and promotional partners who may contact entrants with special
offers in this way. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may use entrants' personal information in this manner, unless
the entrant opts out of receiving communications from third party partners in accordance with Condition 31 below. Each entrant also agrees that the
Promoter may publish or cause to be published the winner's name, and locality in any media as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
Entrants can also gain access to, update or correct any personal information by contacting VisitBritain by email: email@example.com
telephone: 1300 85 85 89 or mail: Marketing Manager, VisitBritain, Level 2, 15 Blue Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. All personal information will be
obtained by contacting the Promoter, VisitBritain.
32. Entrants will have an opportunity to declare their preference regarding opt-in status for other communications from third party partners at all
points of signup on www.visitbritain.com By opting in to receive third party communications, entrants agree that the Promoter and Visit London travel
partners may contact them with further information and/or offers about their travel interests, unless and until entrants opt-out of further such
communications from the Promoter and its travel partners individually. The Promoter may also use any entrant information obtained in this promotion
for the purposes of conducting such promotions but will not (except as set forth herein) disclose such information externally to third parties, except
with agencies that the Promoter may use to help select winners and fulfil prizes. All entrants are also automatically registered as members of
www.visitbritain.com Registration allows for full access to all information, services, features and offers available on www.visitbritain.com
Regardless of your opt-in status for other email communications you may receive an email from the Promoter confirming your www.visitbritain.com
membership registration status.
33. The Promoter is British Tourist Authority trading as VisitBritain (ABN 78 819 377 551) of Level 2, 15 Blue Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.
ChrissieX - 1-11-2008 @ 12:02 AM
What a wonderful comp and prize ... Its a toss up between the Culture prize of the theatre, or the Jousting - went the latter!
moonwolf - 1-11-2008 @ 12:45 AM
Oh what a dream come true it would be......
kakadu - 1-11-2008 @ 01:23 AM
I keep getting an error when I press enter??
zen - 1-11-2008 @ 02:39 AM
kakadu, I haven't tried to enter yet - not good at wol entries
When I was posting the comp every time I tried to copy the T&Cs link I got completely thrown out of IE - very annoying
Maybe try again in a day or so.
kismet - 1-11-2008 @ 02:48 AM
I've been to the jousting, I'd do the other!!!
sundance28 - 1-11-2008 @ 03:34 AM
Nice comp Thank you
shots - 1-11-2008 @ 08:34 AM
I got an error too.
kakadu - 1-11-2008 @ 08:42 AM
Worked this time!
Sooty39 - 1-11-2008 @ 08:55 AM
That was nice and easy to enter, the only problem is trying to keep the answer within the 20 WOL. It's amazing how much difference those extra 5
words can make sometimes.
Handyhelper - 1-11-2008 @ 10:25 AM
Thanks for that one zen Id love a good holiday
dawn1004 - 1-11-2008 @ 10:55 AM
entry form, my entry was accepted.
Maybe try that if you do happen to meet with an error when trying to lodge your entry.
Thanks for the post - would be a good one to win.
garmcns - 2-11-2008 @ 08:37 AM
error error error. Do you think these sites are rigged to get your details but not accept your entry ????? Cant help wondering
ladyluc - 2-11-2008 @ 10:14 AM
i got an error to but i went back in and counted my words this time keep it short this time it worked for me give it a go keep thing small hugs
ladyluc and good luck
larry19 - 2-11-2008 @ 10:18 AM
mmm i agree garmcns, i just tried filled everything out only to get message "unable to accept my entry". clearly the problem isn't fixed at there
end. Would have been an awesome prize.
kats - 3-11-2008 @ 02:00 AM
still not working
good luck to everyone who can get their entry through and thanks for the comp
Sueprize - 30-11-2008 @ 06:25 AM
pinkyeeyore - 30-11-2008 @ 11:59 AM
Mine went through ok. Thank you for the competition.
Chrissy07 - 2-1-2009 @ 01:15 AM
Thankyou for the competition.
kathkerry - 22-1-2009 @ 10:58 PM
Thanks zen sounds exciting
pjwilkinson - 11-3-2009 @ 02:25 AM
thankyou for the comp, it sounds very exciting
monikam - 12-3-2009 @ 12:17 AM
Great comp thanks Zen. Love to go to Britain!
griffin - 16-3-2009 @ 12:19 PM
Not sure if Wedgwood is still in business - didn't they call in receivers &/or shut the place down recently?
kismet - 22-3-2009 @ 08:05 AM
Yes, they did griffin - they'll have to send us to afternoon tea with the Queen instead!
enchantedspirit - 22-3-2009 @ 09:36 AM
I'll go with the other royalty THE BECKHAMS lol
CODY GIRL - 28-3-2009 @ 03:59 AM
Thanks zen great prize!!
Best of Luck!!
PrincessPolly21 - 30-3-2009 @ 09:36 AM
Thanks. Don't know how I missed this one
Anna31 - 30-3-2009 @ 11:13 PM
Thank you, zen. Britian in summer!! Good luck to everybody.
coby86 - 31-3-2009 @ 03:26 AM
Thanks for the comp