competitions


[Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

 Pages:  1  
Author:

Crusader Caravan Winning Entry

posted 26-2-2016 @ 04:55 PM www
Crusader Caravan Winning Entry

Entrants had to say what they would do if they won the caravan. This wasn't mine but the winning entry was:

"If I won the crusader I would spend more time taking the family on holidays rather than talking about taking the family on holidays.. exciting!"

'Chosen' from 72000 entries, soooooooooooooooo creative. I wish I was that creative.....
posted 26-2-2016 @ 05:05 PM www


just proves if you think your entry is crap it still could be in for a chance you never know



posted 26-2-2016 @ 05:31 PM www


Pretty sure the last caravan they (or someone else) gave away was to an equally "creative" answer. So perhaps we'ere trying too hard lol
posted 26-2-2016 @ 05:43 PM www


Quote:
Originally posted by wormy
Pretty sure the last caravan they (or someone else) gave away was to an equally "creative" answer. So perhaps we'ere trying too hard lol


Definitely! Seeing some answers lately for BIG prizes......I am guilty of trying to hard. A good lesson in keeping it simple and to the point! !:spin:
posted 26-2-2016 @ 05:51 PM www


It gives me hope :lol:
posted 26-2-2016 @ 05:57 PM www


Clever, and answers the question. Well deserved.
posted 26-2-2016 @ 06:41 PM www


Well, there's hope for me yet:lol:
posted 26-2-2016 @ 06:50 PM www


Probably drawn
posted 26-2-2016 @ 07:15 PM www


Quote:
Originally posted by Snazzie
Clever, and answers the question. Well deserved.


I liked it as well. 😀
posted 26-2-2016 @ 07:21 PM www


I thought it was woeful. Yes it answers the question but don't insult people's intelligence by saying that it will be judged by the 'most creative' entry.
posted 26-2-2016 @ 07:28 PM www


I liked it as well! It was mine. No just kidding :) but I have been thinking lately that 'clever answers' might lose out to genuine answers sometimes.
posted 26-2-2016 @ 07:38 PM www


Quote:
Originally posted by lucymorgan
I liked it as well! It was mine. No just kidding :) but I have been thinking lately that 'clever answers' might lose out to genuine answers sometimes.


Exactly lucymorgan - forget rhymes and clever witty (promoter mentioning answers!) sometimes! They may work other times but also simple and genuine, sometimes is best!
posted 26-2-2016 @ 07:40 PM www


Quote:
Originally posted by fifi1970
Quote:
Originally posted by lucymorgan
I liked it as well! It was mine. No just kidding :) but I have been thinking lately that 'clever answers' might lose out to genuine answers sometimes.


Exactly lucymorgan - forget rhymes and clever witty (promoter mentioning answers!) sometimes! They may work other times but also simple and genuine, sometimes is best!


Excellent advice, will keep it in mind
posted 26-2-2016 @ 08:22 PM www


Well this was my entry -

Giveaway my cares
Enjoying summer airs
Take to the road
Living life slowed
Making new friends
And making amends
For family moments missed
- worries dismissed!

Sod it - I'm a rhymer and always will be......




Comping since 1980.......
posted 26-2-2016 @ 08:43 PM www


Either the judges were impressed by it's simplicity, it was drawn rather than judged, or it was entered on some fancy, impressive mail-in creative entry.
posted 26-2-2016 @ 08:58 PM www


Quote:
Originally posted by Snazzie
Clever, and answers the question. Well deserved.

Totally agree ... only wish I had thought of it ... hahaha!
posted 26-2-2016 @ 09:05 PM www


I think it's a good answer....it sums up what a lot of people do, talk about wanting to go on holiday, but never do because they aren't able to.

I actually wish I had the nerve to answer things in a more straightforward way like that...I am always lured by the urge to make things poetic.
posted 26-2-2016 @ 09:11 PM www


Quote:
Originally posted by busyplanningotherthings
I think it's a good answer....it sums up what a lot of people do, talk about wanting to go on holiday, but never do because they aren't able to.

I actually wish I had the nerve to answer things in a more straightforward way like that...I am always lured by the urge to make things poetic.


You do have a point - simple and effective does work - but I can't help feeling for a prize this big- the answer was a bit too simple.....just my opinion - I think we should all just stick to our strengths and may we all have a caravan(or car or holiday of bucket loads of cash) waiting for us this year!:thumbup:




Comping since 1980.......
posted 26-2-2016 @ 09:25 PM www


https://www.facebook.com/LetsGoCaravanCamping/photos/a.36423...
posted 26-2-2016 @ 10:02 PM www


It's not the most creative answer but I believe they were looking for something 'everyday' with a tiny (and nothing more) 'dash' of clever. Their target market, is of course, the everyday Australian that wants to trip around in their caravan. Make it relatable and achievable....that answer was indeed that!
posted 26-2-2016 @ 10:23 PM www


When everybody thinks they have to rhyme, a common sense straight forward sentence will stand out.
posted 26-2-2016 @ 10:27 PM www


Quote:
Originally posted by natzerat
https://www.facebook.com/LetsGoCaravanCamping/photos/a.36423...


I'm sure many of us have written what we thought were fabulous entries in the past. I certainly have and been disappointed that I didn't win. I would never want any of my winning 25 wols published as it only feeds the haters and trolls regardless of how good or ordinary the entry was. Some of the posters on the facebook link have also published their entries and expressed high dudgeon that they didn't win but quite frankly some of them were pretty ordinary. (In my opinion)
I quite like the comment from a poster called Tony White. It made me laugh out loud. I won't repeat it here but it sums up what I think about the nasty posters too.
I hope the winner has many happy holidays with her family.

:thumbup:
posted 26-2-2016 @ 10:29 PM www


There would have been thousands of straight forward answers....it's about getting the balance right for their market....relatable yet achievable.
posted 27-2-2016 @ 07:56 AM www


Quote:
Originally posted by kenoath
Quote:
Originally posted by natzerat
https://www.facebook.com/LetsGoCaravanCamping/photos/a.36423...


I'm sure many of us have written what we thought were fabulous entries in the past. I certainly have and been disappointed that I didn't win. I would never want any of my winning 25 wols published as it only feeds the haters and trolls regardless of how good or ordinary the entry was. Some of the posters on the facebook link have also published their entries and expressed high dudgeon that they didn't win but quite frankly some of them were pretty ordinary. (In my opinion)
I quite like the comment from a poster called Tony White. It made me laugh out loud. I won't repeat it here but it sums up what I think about the nasty posters too.
I hope the winner has many happy holidays with her family.

:thumbup:


I agree, and there was an even funnier reply by a Nick Cooper to Tony White's comment......more creative than anyone's:lol::lol:
posted 27-2-2016 @ 08:16 AM www


I really wish they wouldn't publish answers. If they hadn't have published Nicole's answer, everybody would be congratulating her on a great win, and there would be no judgements.
 Pages:  1  
Full Version


  Go To Top

***** Now you've found us, please register to participate. You will get three days FREE Premium access! ***** - Like us on Facebook

Content Copyright 2000-2024 lottos.com.au (v.5)
All views and opinions posted on this forum are at the undertaking that they are the views and opinions of the member posting and NOT of the Owner(s) of lottos.com.au.

Home | Competitions | FAQ's | Help | Media and Awards | Contact Us | Screensaver | Panic Link! | Archive



CompTracker and Premium code Copyright lottos.com.au 2000 - 2024