competitions


[Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Update your location to remove comps from other states you are ineligible to enter.
**** Scheduled maintenance Monday 16 December 2019 at 5:30AM ****
 Pages:  1  2
Author:

Response from promoters re: Murtoa's winning strike rate in Pharmacy comps

ilovecountrymusic
posted 9-7-2019 @ 03:59 AM www
Response from promoters re: Murtoa's winning strike rate in Pharmacy comps

I finally got the contact us form to work and expressed my amazement and disbelief at the strike rate of Murtoa in these comps.

This was the response:


Thanks for your email.



As stated in Clause 3 of the Terms of Conditions of every Pharmacy Best Buys competition – “Directors, management, employees, officers and contractors (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter”, which includes staff members of participating stores as well as the Drawer of our competitions.

Our competitions are drawn by a third party who is in no way associated with Pharmacy Best Buys or Murtoa Pharmacy. These draws are completely random.

Albeit, Murota Pharmacy does more often than not have a higher chance of one of their entries winning every month as they submit more entries than any of our other Victorian stores. Please see below a tally of entries that we received from Murtoa Pharmacy in the last 8 months. As you can see, a lot of the time, they have more than a 50% chance of being chosen.

November 2018 – 40 out of 78 VIC Entries

December 2018 – 215 out of 334 VIC Entries

January 2019 – 60 out of 92 VIC Entries

February 2019 – 42 out of 75 VIC Entries

March 2019 – 17 out of 68 Entries

April 2019 – 26 out of 51 VIC Entries

May 2019 – 41 out of 58 VIC Entries

May/June 2019 – 7 out of 18 VIC Entries



I hope this clears up the drawing process for you. I am very sorry to hear that you are put off from entering, however please understand that this is not in our control. We hope you change your mind and enter one of our future competitions.



Thanks,



Kxx Jxxx
Marketing Coordinator – Independent & Banner Brands

I responded that this cleared nothing up for me and I also asked what measures the 'random third party' took to prove/disprove the validity of the entries and whether they had any connection to the staff at the Murtoa pharmacy.

I've had no response to that email. I also mentioned I had been comping for a long time and nothing would surprise me at the measures people will take to win.
posted 9-7-2019 @ 04:13 AM www


Those Victorian entries seem very low. It really doesn't sound right.
posted 9-7-2019 @ 04:22 AM www


At least they replied - that's something!
posted 9-7-2019 @ 05:22 AM www


Seeing Murtoa had a population of approx 865 in 2016 (declining) and the predominant age group's 60-69 ( going on my country town's rate of compers - that's not an age group who enter) a hit rate of 215 out of 334 Vic entries is a bit unbelievable ... the statistics are NQR !
posted 9-7-2019 @ 05:32 AM www


Quote:
Originally posted by blossom52
Seeing Murtoa had a population of approx 865 in 2016 (declining) and the predominant age group's 60-69 ( going on my country town's rate of compers - that's not an age group who enter) a hit rate of 215 out of 334 Vic entries is a bit unbelievable ... the statistics are NQR !


Interesting! Ilovecountrymusic - you should put this to them. Be interesting to see their response to the crazy stats...
ilovecountrymusic
posted 9-7-2019 @ 05:45 AM www


Quote:
Originally posted by Snazzie
Quote:
Originally posted by blossom52
Seeing Murtoa had a population of approx 865 in 2016 (declining) and the predominant age group's 60-69 ( going on my country town's rate of compers - that's not an age group who enter) a hit rate of 215 out of 334 Vic entries is a bit unbelievable ... the statistics are NQR !


Interesting! Ilovecountrymusic - you should put this to them. Be interesting to see their response to the crazy stats...


I copied and pasted blossom52's response and emailed them back. Here is what I wrote:


I posted your email to my competition website and this was the response from one of the compers there (and it really is food for thought):

Seeing Murtoa had a population of approx 865 in 2016 (declining) and the predominant age group's 60-69 ( going on my country town's rate of compers - that's not an age group who enter) a hit rate of 215 out of 334 Vic entries is a bit unbelievable ... the statistics are NQR !

Something very strange happening--and also if some months you only had say 18 or 52 entries in total from Victoria I'd question whether all the entries were actually being forwarded from the participting pharmacies! We, as a group of competition entrants have found the 'in-store-entries to be the most unreliable way to enter a competition.

I await your response,
ilovecountrymusic
posted 9-7-2019 @ 05:48 AM www


also if others wish to go to their 'contact us' page and let them know how you feel maybe we can get a little more transparency on how these comps are drawn, checked etc?

https://pharmacybestbuys.com.au/contact-us/
Tooda
posted 9-7-2019 @ 07:11 AM www


May/June only 18 people in all of Victoria entered?

I can't see how they wrote that response email with the idea that anyone would be convinced.

And yes 215 entries from a town with only 865 people in it mean that either 1 in every 4th person put in an entry (unlikely given expected ages) or that a select few bought out the entire chemists supplies..... would they have enough supplies to actually account for that many entries?
posted 9-7-2019 @ 07:13 AM www


Wow! I’m at work but I’ll
Analyse this further when I get home.

I agree - very small amount of Victoria entries. A lot of stores mustn’t be sending their entries off.
posted 9-7-2019 @ 07:21 AM www


Hmm. When I have more time I might look back at closed comps on here and see how many of us here marked as entered each month. Has me disillusioned. I don't always enter, but going out of my way to purchase from them is no longer a priority. Win or lose if we don't get to the bottom of it.
stillsane14
posted 9-7-2019 @ 07:30 AM www


They need an entry clause that you can only win in say every 12 months that way it will put the brakes on possibly
posted 9-7-2019 @ 07:37 AM www


I think we may be over-reacting a little, these are not big entry comps. Getting to one of their pharmacies is out of the way for many. For me, it's a 15 min drive and can't be bothered.

Anyway, I checked the Lottos entries Snazzie. Only took a couple of minutes as there are only 7 comps listed for the past year. I've listed below the major prize (some have other minor prizes) and the number Lottos members who clicked on the Entered button. As you can see, not many entries. Compared to say Chemist Warehouse who would have about 10x that many entries.

Trip to Hawaii - 7
Juicer - 4
Laptop - 11
Car - 15
Apple watch - 11
Trip to Fiji - 13
Miixer -9

Quote:
Originally posted by Snazzie
Hmm. When I have more time I might look back at closed comps on here and see how many of us here marked as entered each month. Has me disillusioned. I don't always enter, but going out of my way to purchase from them is no longer a priority. Win or lose if we don't get to the bottom of it.
posted 9-7-2019 @ 08:40 AM www


I don't live anywhere near one of these pharmacies but having in the past entered some small pharmacy competitions mostly staff are unaware that there is a competition running and you wonder whether they send the entries off.

It's possible that the staff at the pharmacy in Murtoa promote the competition by signage and entry box etc which would attract a lot more entries.
ilovecountrymusic
posted 9-7-2019 @ 08:59 AM www


Quote:
Originally posted by zen
I don't live anywhere near one of these pharmacies but having in the past entered some small pharmacy competitions mostly staff are unaware that there is a competition running and you wonder whether they send the entries off.

It's possible that the staff at the pharmacy in Murtoa promote the competition by signage and entry box etc which would attract a lot more entries.


But like Tooda said above--215 entries from a town with only 865 people in it--that well promoted??
posted 9-7-2019 @ 10:36 AM www


The same could be said for the Drakes winning stores as some are extremely well represented in the winning stakes.:spin::spin:
MelsRose
posted 9-7-2019 @ 11:37 AM www


I entered both the car comp and the Fiji comp. My store is not far away, but the girl at the store had absolutely no idea about the comp or what to do. I suspect my entries went straight to the bin....or are sitting on some shelf, still! I gave the Muryoa store some chance that they had a very enthusiastic rep who was promoting every entrant of a purchase, saying "this store is very lucky, You have a huge chance to win". However, based on the stats above, I'm not sure this is possible??? Don't forget however, that some of the pharmacies support rural communities that are much bigger than the actual town population.
posted 9-7-2019 @ 11:38 AM www


Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley
I think we may be over-reacting a little, these are not big entry comps.


I've also had a bit of a look at the catalogue, and there are many products which would appeal to the 60-69 year age group.
Most of the comps say "Buy any product from our catalogue and complete the entry form in store."
If my Mum went in there with the current catalogue, she'd buy the Panadol Optizorb, Coloxyl, Voltaren Gel (for Dad), Dermaveen Soapfree wash & the moisturiser for her sensitive skin, Palmolive liquid handsoap (for the guest bathroom), and some Colgate and Elastoplast bandaids, because it's good to have some extra.

That's EIGHT entries right there, from one elderly customer.

I also think that perhaps that pharmacy is very conscientious in sending in the entries, because a couple of people have probably come in to share their great news, while the big city pharmacies may not have such rapport with their customers.

Just a thought....
posted 9-7-2019 @ 12:59 PM www


Sometimes stores have staff that tell all the customers about a comp. I have even had some wanting to help you with the entry, offering sticky tape, staples etc. I also think the reply made an effort to explain, more than you get from most.

If we keep harrassing promoters it might become just too difficult to bother running comps. Need to get the balance between making it difficult and wanting fairness - tricky!
posted 9-7-2019 @ 01:27 PM www


I've just "visited" several of these stores using Google Maps, and was quite surprised to find each store has it's own independent name. They're not named Pharmacy Best Buys, as I had expected.
Many have the town name, ie the Murtoa store is called Murtoa Pharmacy. In Kew, it's called Star Pharmacy.

I 'visited' stores around my state because I couldn't work out which Chemist was the participating store in the Mall indicated by their store finder. There are 3 chemists in the Mall and none have the exact name mentioned on the store finder! I might go pay each one a visit later this week and see which it may be and if they have any promotional material displayed.
posted 12-7-2019 @ 11:51 AM www


I love exploring country towns, so today I went and visited Murtoa.

Here is what I found:

A very very small town consisting of the chemist, IGA, post office, one cafe and a couple of craft shops. The town has mainly retired people there.
The chemist has two doors, one at the front and one leading to the clinic. Both doors have a massive poster on them advertising the comp. The items to buy also have tags on the shelf saying it is an eligible product.
The box and entry forms are clearly displayed on the counter.
The box was chockablock full of entries. You could hardly fit any more entries in.
I made a joke to the chemist that my entry won’t fit. He said it is sooo popular in town that everyone enters multiple times. He said there has been a few Murtoa winners and the local newspaper always writes an article and takes a photo of the winner every time the town wins.

Then I went strolling the town. The craft shop lady had a joke with me that she’s entered multiple times ( as the handwash is only $1.99 to purchase) and everyone in the town competes against each other to win, in a friendly way.

So I reckon Murtoa is legit.
The craft lady said the girl who works in the chemist is pendantic in making sure all the entries are sent off.

I now reckon the other Best Buys pharmacies don’t always send their entries in. This box at Murtoa was completely full of entries and the comp isn’t close to closing yet
posted 12-7-2019 @ 12:04 PM www


Quote:
Originally posted by dodger21
I love exploring country towns, so today I went and visited Murtoa.

Here is what I found:

A very very small town consisting of the chemist, IGA, post office, one cafe and a couple of craft shops. The town has mainly retired people there.
The chemist has two doors, one at the front and one leading to the clinic. Both doors have a massive poster on them advertising the comp. The items to buy also have tags on the shelf saying it is an eligible product.
The box and entry forms are clearly displayed on the counter.
The box was chockablock full of entries. You could hardly fit any more entries in.
I made a joke to the chemist that my entry won’t fit. He said it is sooo popular in town that everyone enters multiple times. He said there has been a few Murtoa winners and the local newspaper always writes an article and takes a photo of the winner every time the town wins.

Then I went strolling the town. The craft shop lady had a joke with me that she’s entered multiple times ( as the handwash is only $1.99 to purchase) and everyone in the town competes against each other to win, in a friendly way.

So I reckon Murtoa is legit.
The craft lady said the girl who works in the chemist is pendantic in making sure all the entries are sent off.

I now reckon the other Best Buys pharmacies don’t always send their entries in. This box at Murtoa was completely full of entries and the comp isn’t close to closing yet


It is wonderful you took your time out to check it out dodger21 and after reading your comment. I would say it was legit also!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good on Murtoa for having a good go at comping. They obviously have a very diligent Chemist there in reference to advertising and making sure the community enter and entries are sent in. :) :) :)
posted 12-7-2019 @ 12:10 PM www


Thanks dodger21 for your report and I agree it all sounds legit. Murtoa sounds like a lovely country town with lots of keen compers. Maybe we should all retire there. :)

https://www.mailtimes.com.au/story/3138635/murtoa-community-pharmacy-hits-lucky-streak/
posted 12-7-2019 @ 12:24 PM www


Oh my sounds like a story that could be scripted for shows like Doctor Doctor or Heartbeat etc!! such a cute community story. Thanks for sharing dodger21 :)
snowpea
posted 12-7-2019 @ 11:03 PM www


This is one of the most beautiful conclusions I've seen in my 10+ years of comping.

Its easy to get jaded with the cheating that goes on. This warms my heart.

Thank you for this dodger21
posted 12-7-2019 @ 11:16 PM www


Quote:
Originally posted by Diwin
Thanks dodger21 for your report and I agree it all sounds legit. Murtoa sounds like a lovely country town with lots of keen compers. Maybe we should all retire there. :)

https://www.mailtimes.com.au/story/3138635/murtoa-community-pharmacy-hits-lucky-streak/


Thanks for the link.

Dodger, good job and good luck with your entry. It must have been an interesting day and wow, you got a lot of info.
 Pages:  1  2
Full Version Post new thread Poll:


  Go To Top

***** Now you've found us, please register to participate. You will get three days FREE Premium access! ***** - Like us on Facebook

Content Copyright 2000-2019 lottos.com.au (v.3)
All views and opinions posted on this forum are at the undertaking that they are the views and opinions of the member posting and NOT of the Owner(s) of lottos.com.au.

Home | Competitions | FAQ's | Help | Media and Awards | Contact Us | Screensaver | Panic Link! | Archive



CompTracker and Premium code Copyright lottos.com.au 2000 - 2019