competitions


[Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Author:

Home utensils and appliances that you find annoying

posted 19-3-2024 @ 10:07 AM www
Home utensils and appliances that you find annoying

Top of my list, the Tupperware can opener. It is great when it works, but it doesn't like all cans, so I need to have two openers.





Prize wins 2014: $37680
Prize wins 2011: $13000
previous years about $25000

The harder you work the luckier you get
posted 19-3-2024 @ 10:32 AM www


I don't think I even own a can opener lol

I bought 2 very expensive le creuset pots but I find them heavy and don't like using them, so they just sit prettily in my cupboard
posted 19-3-2024 @ 10:36 AM www


I was just berating my toaster this morning. For goodness sake, why can't you guess how toasted I want my toast?!
My kettle defiantly takes longer to boil when it knows I'm in a hurry.
My can opener switches drawers when I sleep. It's never in the same place twice!
My oven gives me a snarky look when I use the air fryer.
My dishwasher smirks condescendingly when it's sitting there, in the morning, full of unwashed items because...someone forgot to press play. ;)

It's a conspiracy!!

:P:P:P:P:P
posted 19-3-2024 @ 12:01 PM www


Haha funny topic :)

I have a draw full of can openers and hate them all so I buy smaller cans with ring pulls (and pay more) so I donít have to use them!

I donít have a Tupperware one but believe they are quite expensive?

posted 29-3-2024 @ 02:16 PM www


My can opener broke during one of the lockdowns in Melbourne, when I was half-way through opening a tin of tuna. I ended up using such an array of manual and power tools to get it open that I spent more time fishing bits of can out of the tuna than I did cooking my casserole.
posted 29-3-2024 @ 03:14 PM www


Quote: Originally posted by Miyake838  
Haha funny topic :)

I have a draw full of can openers and hate them all so I buy smaller cans with ring pulls (and pay more) so I donít have to use them!

I donít have a Tupperware one but believe they are quite expensive?



Mine Tupperware can opener was a gift from my god-daughter who used to be a party Tupperware party hostess but i think they are hideously expensive. Over $50 and sometime way over!




Prize wins 2014: $37680
Prize wins 2011: $13000
previous years about $25000

The harder you work the luckier you get
posted 29-3-2024 @ 03:15 PM www


Hilarious Veritas.



Prize wins 2014: $37680
Prize wins 2011: $13000
previous years about $25000

The harder you work the luckier you get
ThatFishingShop
posted 29-3-2024 @ 03:19 PM www


I feel the same way about my Tupperware can opener too haha
posted 29-3-2024 @ 04:00 PM www


Bulky useless appliances that clutter cupboard space and way too many parts to wash when a hand mixer or general fry pan etc etc!! will suffice.

My all time dislike items to win :lol::lol:
posted 29-3-2024 @ 09:18 PM www


Quote: Originally posted by Miyake838  
Haha funny topic :)

I have a draw full of can openers and hate them all so I buy smaller cans with ring pulls (and pay more) so I donít have to use them!

I donít have a Tupperware one but believe they are quite expensive?



My Tupperware can opener was a gift from my god-daughter who used to be a party Tupperware party hostess but i think they are hideously expensive. Over $50 and sometime way over!

I have to add though that when you open a can with it the cut us straight and clean so fewer issue with cut fingers.




Prize wins 2014: $37680
Prize wins 2011: $13000
previous years about $25000

The harder you work the luckier you get
posted 30-3-2024 @ 01:47 AM www


Quote: Originally posted by Veritas  
I was just berating my toaster this morning. For goodness sake, why can't you guess how toasted I want my toast?!
My kettle defiantly takes longer to boil when it knows I'm in a hurry.
My can opener switches drawers when I sleep. It's never in the same place twice!
My oven gives me a snarky look when I use the air fryer.
My dishwasher smirks condescendingly when it's sitting there, in the morning, full of unwashed items because...someone forgot to press play. ;)


It's a conspiracy!!

:P:P:P:P:P



Love it Veritas :lol::lol:
posted 19-5-2024 @ 10:43 AM www


I have discovered you can buy an Airfryer basket shelf for your oven! I would MUCH prefer that to having a AF to find a home for in my limited space. Also I have a few knife sharpeners but all I use is a little hand held stone that was mum's since 1940s or 1950. She may not even have had it new.



Prize wins 2014: $37680
Prize wins 2011: $13000
previous years about $25000

The harder you work the luckier you get
posted 19-5-2024 @ 11:28 AM www


*shakes head*
My first thought was, why do you need a can opener to open Tupperware.
Maybe I should go back to bed.
Quote: Originally posted by gr82do  
Top of my list, the Tupperware can opener. It is great when it works, but it doesn't like all cans, so I need to have two openers.

posted 19-5-2024 @ 07:45 PM www


Quote: Originally posted by gr82do  
I have discovered you can buy an Airfryer basket shelf for your oven! I would MUCH prefer that to having a AF to find a home for in my limited space. Also I have a few knife sharpeners but all I use is a little hand held stone that was mum's since 1940s or 1950. She may not even have had it new.


What a great idea re the airfryer basket for the oven!! Will head over to Temu right now lol
posted 19-5-2024 @ 08:16 PM www


90cm oven. Never had a big oven before, but we renovated a couple of years ago and put a 90cm in and I hate how big the trays are. Pain to wash and we have an extra shelf and tray that are a pain to store given the size.

oh, another one - Aldi airfryer. Think we've used it once in 2 years. They are massive. Another thing that's a pain to store.
posted 19-5-2024 @ 11:35 PM www


Quote: Originally posted by firstinline  
Bulky useless appliances that clutter cupboard space and way too many parts to wash when a hand mixer or general fry pan etc etc!! will suffice.

My all time dislike items to win :lol::lol:


Absolutely agree! I shudder if I'm given an appliance or gadget of any sort as a present as I hate anything that sits on the benchtop and I have absolutely no room for any more of these items in my limited cupboard space. My husband insists on using an ancient hand beater with a hand that turns instead of the whisk which does a far better job and is much easier to clean. I think I'm going to "lose" it one of these days!
Full Version


  Go To Top

***** Now you've found us, please register to participate. You will get three days FREE Premium access! ***** - Like us on Facebook

Content Copyright 2000-2024 lottos.com.au (v.5)
All views and opinions posted on this forum are at the undertaking that they are the views and opinions of the member posting and NOT of the Owner(s) of lottos.com.au.
All trademarks are owned by their respective owners. lottos.com.au is an independent community website which has no association with nor endorsement by the respective trademark owners.

Home | Competitions | FAQ's | Help | Media and Awards | Contact Us | Screensaver | Panic Link! | Archive



CompTracker and Premium code Copyright lottos.com.au 2000 - 2024